Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AVENGERS LE: Pinball ninja review

lukex

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to pinrepair.com - the process is explained there. Basically you make a $20 donation via PayPal to cfh@provide.net. Just make sure you leave a message that it is for access to the ninja site.

Clay will then send you your login credentials - usually takes about a day or so.

The basic observations Clay has made are as follows.

He thinks it might be a bit expensive for what you are getting

There is an issue regarding visibility of the inlane insert leds

There are problems with GI bulbs being 555 instead of the typical 47 bayonets. The 555 bulbs pop out during gameplay from the backboard and in other areas i.e. under slings.

The ball seems to get caught behind the hulk arms regularly and needs the ballsearch to release it.

The software was incomplete so it was not reviewed.

I noticed that you can collect all the Avengers through the top lanes, there are 6 inserts there each time the ball passes through it lights an insert of an individual character. Flippers can change the lit insert. Not sure what happens when you collect all 6 as I havent managed it yet. They reset after each ball. It also gives you a "Hands Free" skill shot award through the lanes if you can get it without using the flippers to change the lit lane, which I thought was a nice touch and something I havent seen before. If you have to use the flippers to collect the skill shot a standard skill shot award is given.

PS. Good luck to all players in tomorrows pinball league especially to team Player One! RGR, Timbo and Boskie.

I noticed that you can collect all the Avengers through the top lanes, there are 6 inserts there each time the ball passes through it lights an insert of an individual character. Flippers can change the lit insert. Not sure what happens when you collect all 6 as I havent managed it yet. They reset after each ball. It also gives you a "Hands Free" skill shot award through the lanes if you can get it without using the flippers to change the lit lane, which I thought was a nice touch and something I havent seen before. If you have to use the flippers to collect the skill shot a standard skill shot award is given.

PS. Good luck to all players in tomorrows pinball league especially to team Player One! RGR, Timbo and Boskie.

Elvis has the hands free skill shit on that. Damn it is a hard one to get too!

It's clear from Clays reviews on Pinball Ninja that he doesn't like Stern at all.

A lot of comments he makes in the reviews (he's done quite a few) just slag them off willy nilly.

Having worked on lots of machines (and owning a few too...) I have no problems with the modern sterns, in fact I prefer them to the classic BW titles.

The electronics are far better, the lamp sockets are better, the playfield is easier to work on ...

And the modern games are really fun to play too. Acdc, ironman, avengers ... All winners.

Each to their own, and he does make some good points, but to just slag Stern constantly because you clearly don't like them gets a bit tiring after a while.

rd.

Ok just quickly... Sounds great, music great, Hulk feature great, Ramps very good, inlanes you cant see the rollover light (no good), right loop is blocked by the Loki Lock panel (no good), Jackpots are 100k yet skill shot starts at 200k (no good), bonus at 12X was 36 mill or 3 mill for a good ball with out multiplier (thats 360 jackpots in the bonus (the scoring is out of wack there, def no good), cabinet I love (fav colour is green), dmd is great, backglass aint bad, side rails, lockdown bar, legs are great too.

This is a cross between IJ4 (shot the ramp 4 times to start the mode then shoot the same ramp another 9 times to finish), and LOTR (sword acting as a ramp and same lock function.

Not a bad game, way to many shots to complete modes, sounds good, but a little boring....

The Avengers LE looks much better than the Hulk, the green dmd looks dull

Can get a bit boring with shoot the same shots, rinse and repeat, but i think there are some hidden bigger scores somewhere. With such small jackpots and 1M super it does become a bit of work.

Although I think it keeps you coming back for more and wanting to play again , so it could be a winner for stern.

The mini wizard mode is at least giving some decent points starting at 500K , raising by 50K a shot and building the super. Same again shoot each shot 5 times and shoot for super by the look of it.

As far as full wizard mode, that would require a substantial effort. Someone take the glass off for that.

It's not boring richard, you loved it. Lol.

Yeah lol well the only boring bits for me are the continous IJ4 style modes shots that you have to shoot over and over and over. EG: Black Widow like 4-5 shots to start then another 10 shots to the same ramp to finish.

I do however like the open playfield and this is more user friendly than Xmen and all the shots to not rebound either. Personally for me green is my favourite colour so I really like the HULK but for game play again imo the Pro play better than the LEs. As far as I know the only difference is the ramp on the pro does not lift up and the LOTR style sword ramp from right to left. (not a fan of this as it blocks the PF view).

I also like that the Loki lock targets are on the top left (on the pro) as they block the right loop shot as you cant view it (on the LE). Edy said that this is part of the skill and he might be right but its just something that I like, being able to see the shot that I am making.

I reallly like the sounds in teh game as well. There are some cool sound tracks and the tesseract is great when you get it cranking. I dont like the bonus scoring given that its far too high or its just that the jackpots are too low. 100K for a jackpot is soft imo. I would have liked to have seen say 10 mill with 100 mill super...

The Hulk mutiball off the black widow ramp shot can be a pita as it sometimes rolls out when it drops in there off the ramp but this could be fixed with some foam.

Imo I think there are too many shots needed to start the modes. Since the multiple mode inserts in the playfield they will not have the option of updating this as they did with Xmen. On the flip side I enjoy playing this the most out of TF, ACDC, Xmen. The ball times are good, it looks good and has some good flow. I think the programming of the modes is boring and having to get 6 inlanes for 2X at the jets is too much. Not sure why they are again making games so hard if they are mainly targeting the home market.....

There are some software flaws as well with the game remembering how many balls are locked and there are issues as Leigh said with the GI lights... They are pointless imo and having the globes drop out hmmm... Just take them off....

DMD graphics are good and the playfield aint bad. If was an avengers Fan I would go HULK Le, if I wanted to buy the game for playings sake I would go the Pro..

Overall it isnt anything new, but due to the lack of randomness I quite enjoy playing this one...

Its really hard, not in that there is a bunch to do but the shots are tight, think GEM on Tron LE when the standups are up, or the ramps on SM. The game rewards accuracy and I like that. I was reffing the comp and it was interesting, there were plenty of people who kept the ball alive for a long time, but if they weren't hitting the shots they weren't scoring.

The fan layout is gone on this machine, which I just liked for variety, and I really liked that there were 3 ways you could get in the hulk hole (direct shot, weak ramp shot or ramp diverter, and to the right of the tesseract if you hit it into the wall there it whips around straight to the hulk hole. On the tesseract it spins like crazy - think Totan on steroids.

Anyway, time will tell if its a stayer but I saw enough to plonk down some $ on an Avengers LE (hulk sold out, but even if it wasn't the blue one looks better IMO).

I played 2 games on the one at PNP last night and managed to get around 40mil on my first attempt. It's a fun game but I wasn't a fan of the wide open hulk bash toy. But the other shots were satisfying when you hit them and the call outs to go with them were pretty good to. All in all a fun game would I own one probably not. Would I put coin in it on site definitely

It's clear from Clays reviews on Pinball Ninja that he doesn't like Stern at all.

A lot of comments he makes in the reviews (he's done quite a few) just slag them off willy nilly.

Having worked on lots of machines (and owning a few too...) I have no problems with the modern sterns, in fact I prefer them to the classic BW titles.

The electronics are far better, the lamp sockets are better, the playfield is easier to work on ...

And the modern games are really fun to play too. Acdc, ironman, avengers ... All winners.

Each to their own, and he does make some good points, but to just slag Stern constantly because you clearly don't like them gets a bit tiring after a while.

rd.

Here is the video for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmpIE_hpz4Y

I think he calls it as it is, and you get the impression he wants to like them.

Posting a link to this video is a nice thing to do, but Clay has already had to remove it once due to a Pinsider posting the link. He doesn't want it available unless you have access to the Ninja site.

Here's a quote from the site:

PLEASE DO NOT POST NINJA YOUTUBE LINKS TO FORUMS OR WEB SITES – THIS FORCES ME TO DELETE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO AND RE-UPLOAD (WHICH TAKES TIME.) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Posting a link to this video is a nice thing to do, but Clay has already had to remove it once due to a Pinsider posting the link. He doesn't want it available unless you have access to the Ninja site.

Here's a quote from the site:

PLEASE DO NOT POST NINJA YOUTUBE LINKS TO FORUMS OR WEB SITES – THIS FORCES ME TO DELETE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO AND RE-UPLOAD (WHICH TAKES TIME.) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

It's from his regular Youtube account, not the pinball ninja one.