Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mobile phone data speeds - woeful

• Super Moderator

I have a Galaxy S2 running Android OS 4.0.3 (just updated it - to try and fix speed issues, no different)

I'm on the Telstra network and my internet speeds just plain SUCK..!

Currently I'm getting

132k (yes k) download

218k upload

I've got

Use Packet Data : ticked

Data Roaming : unticked

Network mode : GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode)

Screenshot_2013-02-01-12-35-25.jpg.b9201ecd13eb0e064c4abf798f112805.jpg

On Wi-Fi speed is great, 4.8MB's down / .7MB's up..

Can anyone tel me why my data is soo sloow..?

TIA

• Administrators

Over subscription on the towers your hitting maybe? I've found mobile speeds regardless of device very hit or miss to be honest. At work I have a fleet of iphones and they all suffer the same issue. It just depends on location and time.

Brad

• Super Moderator

Fixed..!

Was getting totally pissed off so I just paid a visit to the local Telstra Shop.. The young girl was on the ball, said nothing wrong with my settings etc, and suggested we look at the SIM card. Turns out I've got an as old as the hills SIM card in my phone which was designed for 2G.. Swapped it out to a new SIM and happy days..

Pulling 4500k + now :)

So, Woka's handy hint for the day for all you slowies; check you SIM cards for a possible speed increase.

• 1 month later...
Fixed..!

Was getting totally pissed off so I just paid a visit to the local Telstra Shop.. The young girl was on the ball, said nothing wrong with my settings etc, and suggested we look at the SIM card. Turns out I've got an as old as the hills SIM card in my phone which was designed for 2G.. Swapped it out to a new SIM and happy days..

Pulling 4500k + now :)

So, Woka's handy hint for the day for all you slowies; check you SIM cards for a possible speed increase.

Top tip of the week ! Will try this as my 3g is woeful too... 100k if lucky