Thread: 2013 Kong Off - The King of AA

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)

2013 Kong Off - The King of AA

The hunt is on again to find the best Donkey Kong player from Aussie Arcade and dare I say the best player in Australia.

FAQ:

1. Start & Finish

The competition commences 6pm AEST Friday 12th April
    The competition finishes 6pm AEST Sunday 28th April

Feel free to practice, but scores must only be submitted for games played during the official tournament times above.

2. ROM Set and Settings

We're playing as usual with the official Twin Galaxies settings:
    ROM: dkong.zip - Donkey Kong [US Set 1]
    Lives: 3
    Extra Jumpman: 7,000 Pts

3. How to submit a score

All that is required is to take a photo of your screen shot and upload it, either with a camera or by taking a screen grab in
    Mame (Press F12 and a screen grab will be stored in your mame\snap folder). Post as many scores as you wish, making a
    new post for each score so that we can track the scores and also see your progress over the 2 week+ tournament.

If you wish to be able to submit a score to international scoreboards such as MARP or Twin Galaxies, it is strongly
    suggested that your record your game using WolfMame .106, however game recordings are not required for verification in
    this tournament - we play using the honor basis, so play fair

4. Live Streaming

If you live stream, feel free to post a link to your stream so that others can watch (and learn) your game play. I will put
    together a thread in the arcade section (link will be posted here when it's done) if you are unsure of how to set up live
    streaming. The official thread will list all those that will/might live stream so that you can check them out.

5. Prizes

The winner and 2nd and 3rd place getters will receive a 2013 AA Kong Off icon to place in their signature should they wish
    to use it. The icons along with 2013 AA banner have been graciously made by our resident graphic designer OOO.
    Thanks to OOO again for the great work

If any of the Aussie Arcade sponsors would like to donate a prize, please PM me and I will add your details to the official
    thread when it is created along with appropriate advertising

6. Anything else

Hopefully that's everything covered, anything else just post questions or comments in here and we'll sort it out prior
    to the Friday night kick off.

Good luck.
    Last edited by John73; 6th April 2013 at 07:29 AM.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)
    Here are the virtual trophies for the tournament:

1st

2nd

3rd

I hope you all enjoy the event and have great success in barrel, fire, pie and spring evasion.

Mama mia!

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Just scored a new pb of 293400. Pity it's a bit too early. I think I'll struggle to beat that in the comp.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ED_209 View Post
    Just scored a new pb of 293400. Pity it's a bit too early. I think I'll struggle to beat that in the comp.
    that's better than my PB of 266,000. I better get practicing

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with that score. It's about 100k better then my previous best score. A friend of mine has built his PB up to 550 k. I'll try to convince him to join in the comp.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    im looking forward to this. im want to try and beat my PB (170K) and hit 200k finally.

i have played a few games this week and im starting to get my mindset back into dkong instead of crazykong. i only got 127k, but i got 18800 on the first 2 stages which is amazing for me, i got 12500 on the rivet stage i think the fireballs were attracted to my hammers lol.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
    im looking forward to this. im want to try and beat my PB (170K) and hit 200k finally.

i have played a few games this week and im starting to get my mindset back into dkong instead of crazykong. i only got 127k, but i got 18800 on the first 2 stages which is amazing for me, i got 12500 on the rivet stage i think the fireballs were attracted to my hammers lol.
    You mean 18,800 after the first stage (1-1 and 1-2, barrels and then rivets?). I'm not expert at playing at 1mil pace, but that's a nice start - I'm happy with 15,000+

I'm generally happy with a 6000 1-1 and being 14000 after 1-2.

It's important to point press where possible, but not at the expense of losing a life - I generally die more often than not if I try to point press the barrels

I see Monsta Bonza has found this thread, looking forward to doing battle with him after the recent Wildcard event and after hearing from Ed in here today, should be a good fight between the three of us. If we all play secret squirrel maybe Kane will miss the fact that the Kong Off is happening

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Great trophies OOO!

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    Kong games, and Pac games for that matter, have never really been a strong point in my gaming repertoire. Should be fun though

State
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I am hoping this comp will push me do better at this game that I have a love/ hate relationship with.
    My PB is 150K, would be really happy to crack 200K.
    It's always the barrels that get me. I am a magnet for those bastards!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information