Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 4: HAUNTED HOUSE [FINISHED]

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Got pretty close to the 999,990 on the second go around, unintentionally of course. I'm finding this table much easier than the brutality of TAF...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Got pretty close to the 999,990 on the second go around, unintentionally of course. I'm finding this table much easier than the brutality of TAF...
    Agree. .. but it takes a long time to score points. But you do get a lot more value and MUCH less draining going on. I can't find the scoring rules anywhere online... if anyone has a link, please post, thanks.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

There's multiball in this ?! Wow Looks like that's where points are plentiful too...thanks for posting that. Was playing this last night with @shabu , really enjoying it but neither scoring too impressively...

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Quite a fun game. Good that you get a decent amount of gameplay over the three levels without lots of draining!

Attachment 49376

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

@kane spill the beans, what's your secret to such a huge score ? I'm plateau'd around 500k and just can't push on...

This table is a lot of work though... seems to take ages to get anywhere but I'm probably doing it wrong!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hhscre.jpg

An enjoyable evening at J's place last night : Oldschool arcade, pinball, cards, and the new Tomb Raider over a few beers etc. 4am finish means I'm a little dusty today.

There must be a trick to scoring on this machine as it seems to take aaages to get anywhere.

I am having a bit of an affair with Abra Ca Dabra though. That game is sweet !

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    @kane spill the beans, what's your secret to such a huge score ? I'm plateau'd around 500k and just can't push on...

This table is a lot of work though... seems to take ages to get anywhere but I'm probably doing it wrong!
    Basically just keep it out of the main playfield. What I do is get the ball into the lower playfield as soon as possible, when it drains and gets dropped into the main playfield it will drop on the left flipper and then bounce across to the far right flipper where you can trap the ball every time. Then I aim for the green hole at the top-left of the table that drops it into the lower playfield again, then repeat.

Once you get all the drop targets down a few times and the double scoring kicks in the score ticks over pretty quick and you can get a large bonus stored up. My best ball was about one million points worth plus 400k bonus at the end. As long as you get good at hitting the green hole then you can keep the ball alive for ages.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Basically just keep it out of the main playfield. What I do is get the ball into the lower playfield as soon as possible, when it drains and gets dropped into the main playfield it will drop on the left flipper and then bounce across to the far right flipper where you can trap the ball every time. Then I aim for the green hole at the top-left of the table that drops it into the lower playfield again, then repeat.

Once you get all the drop targets down a few times and the double scoring kicks in the score ticks over pretty quick and you can get a large bonus stored up. My best ball was about one million points worth plus 400k bonus at the end. As long as you get good at hitting the green hole then you can keep the ball alive for ages.
    I found the same thing from the lower level kickout - and the resulting put back but clearly am not maxing my points. Find it hard to keep it up the top level especially.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

Had a few games just now - frustrating to score more than 500k on 1st ball every time, then fall in a heap. Reckon I'm a choker

Last game I had, managed 730k on the 1st ball, and then game over by 830k... frak me.

getting somewhere at last anyway.

And happy to knock @shabu high score off my table
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information