Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gyruss EPROM locations

yohansen

Question

I have a faulty Gyruss board (a bootleg I think), and my first action was to verify all of the EPROMs.

Most of the EPROMs on the lower board were in bad shape and un-readable.

Additionally, all EPROM labels have been worn off, so when programming new ones I have no idea where each one belongs on the board.

Could someone upload a photo of the lower board (assuming every EPROM is clearly numbered) or tell me the board location that corresponds to each EPROM number?

I think there are 9 on the lower board (with an additional optional diagnostic EPROM).

4 answers to this question

On my Gyruss board-set there are 12 EPROMs in total (one is a 2732 and the other 11 are 2764).

My programmer is a Batronix BX48.

Some of the EPROMS are in good condition. It has no problems reading them.

Some have corroded legs that are brittle/snapped (and did not read reliably). I have replaced these.

Normally I would just get a reference photo from Google Images, but every photo has the lower board obscured by the upper board.

Schematics and MAME definitions haven't offered many clues either.

On my Gyruss board-set there are 12 EPROMs in total (one is a 2732 and the other 11 are 2764)

Normally I would just get a reference photo from Google Images, but every photo has the lower board obscured by the upper board.

Schematics and MAME definitions haven't offered many clues either.

This page might give some insights into where what roms go where and what section they belong too.http://caesar.logiqx.com/php/emulator_game.php?id=mame&game=gyruss