161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 3: THE ADDAMS FAMILY [FINISHED]

@Mameshane channels his Inner Thing with his Nomination,

THE ADDAMS FAMILY

More info on The Addams Family HERE

TOURNEY RULES

- 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks
    - No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)
    - No buy-ins or continues etc
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score
    - Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table
    - you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself
    - Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ?

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 1,724,336,790
    2. Ozstick: 281,983,590
    3. Foot: 222,879,380
    4. Jammasized: 203,503,150
    5. Kane: 157,672,510
    6. Stuzza: 140,356,460
    7. Shabu: 97,860,280
    8. MrBungle: 90,291,180
    9. Mameshane: 64,376,910
    Last edited by Jed; 27th March 2013 at 03:29 PM.

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)
    Oh no, my old arch nemesis Addams Family! I suck at this table both in real life and Virtually! Well maybe this tournament will give me a good excuse to learn how to master this table once and for all.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

I'm kinds glad this one came up - always wanted to learn a bit more about how to play it.

There's a beautiful db2s backglass for this too, I installed it the other day and it looks fantastic!

Edit: No dips for this game far as I can tell ? F6 just gives me the rom (country) version.
    Last edited by Jed; 12th March 2013 at 05:12 PM.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1985 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I'm kinds glad this one came up - always wanted to learn a bit more about how to play it.

There's a beautiful db2s backglass for this too, I installed it the other day and it looks fantastic!

Edit: No dips for this game far as I can tell ? F6 just gives me the rom (country) version.
    Dips are on the old ones and the settings in the dmd machines are in the rom using the settings buttons inside the coin door (or for vp - 7,8,9,0)

So still remove your old nvram as old settings could still be different.

Have just spent the last week playing these and trying to learn them .... each machine plays different to the last.

Last edited by Dedrok; 12th March 2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: upload score and pic
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1985 Post(s)
    TAF v2.0 91x

The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    I'm using the same version but my dmd isn't as easy to read as that. is there a setting or something I'm missing?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
    I'm using the same version but my dmd isn't as easy to read as that. is there a setting or something I'm missing?
    do you mean you haven't got the dots on your dmd ? Try unchecking the 'use compact display' option that will give you the dots.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

btw this table and a few other dmd tables I get a crackling sound - it's pretty sharp and crackles a fair bit throughout the whole table.

It's not a hardware audio issue as it's only restricted to a few tables and they are always dmd tables. Anyone have this issue or know of a fix ?

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    do you mean you haven't got the dots on your dmd ? Try unchecking the 'use compact display' option that will give you the dots.
    I don't have a real dmd. I mean the little display it puts in the corner doesn't seem to have as many dots the other screen shot had on it.

will that setting still apply to me?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information