Thread: Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 3: THE ADDAMS FAMILY [FINISHED]

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
    I don't have a real dmd. I mean the little display it puts in the corner doesn't seem to have as many dots the other screen shot had on it.

will that setting still apply to me?
    Hit F5, it doubles the window size of the dmd.

looks like you use a 4:3 monitor, so the dmd window will cover the top part of the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    btw this table and a few other dmd tables I get a crackling sound - it's pretty sharp and crackles a fair bit throughout the whole table.

It's not a hardware audio issue as it's only restricted to a few tables and they are always dmd tables. Anyone have this issue or know of a fix ?
    Turn the sound level down a bit in the rom for that table 28 is to high and can start crackling, and too low can also cause it. Try 25.

Use "End" to open door > "8" or "9" to lower or raise volume > "End" to close door.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
    I don't have a real dmd. I mean the little display it puts in the corner doesn't seem to have as many dots the other screen shot had on it.

will that setting still apply to me?
    Yep still applies. You can also resize the dmd to your preferred size by right clicking it, and saying 'show borders' and then you can click the borders to resize it however you want. When you have the size / shape you want just hide the borders again. Unchecking 'use compact' will give you the dots so it simulates a real dmd.

Hope that helps.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Looking at his screen shot it doesnt look compact. It looks normal size, mine is double size and compact is half size.

As you mentioned, you can also right click and show border to resize how you want ....... hit "F3" when you have resized.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

The sound on this game is great, but damn it's kicking my arse for some reason.

I've had the game get stuck quite a few times, Thing grabs the ball, Gomez says "No, no, no" and then nothing, can't nudge anything loose and it just sits waiting, even hitting F3 doesn't fix it

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Finding this one to be real tough with no nudge. too much space between flippers and the electicity magnet makes the ball go all over the place!

Attachment 48768

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I've had the game get stuck quite a few times, Thing grabs the ball, Gomez says "No, no, no" and then nothing, can't nudge anything loose and it just sits waiting, even hitting F3 doesn't fix it
    Yeah it's a pain when it does that .... melon fixed the FS version 2.01 but not the desktop 2.0

We could either change the FS to a desktop or you have to add a ball to the trough and it will act as if you just lost the ball and count the bonus. Use the "B" key then select yes. It's the only way to continue.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)

Scores updated

This table is kicking my arse. So many drains down the side it's ridiculous. Rage quitting and no unshameful score to post yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    <snip> ....you have to add a ball to the trough and it will act as if you just lost the ball and count the bonus. Use the "B" key then select yes. It's the only way to continue.
    Thanks for the suggestion - don't want to force the guys with full cabs to play desktop tables Don't see a problem with the above solution for the greedy Thing!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Damn I used to love this game.

Wish I had the cash to get a proper virtual pin table going and I'd be all over this one (and still get thrashed by most of you)

Good to see that a few people are getting behind the new VP League. Good stuff Jamma

P.S. Looks like Dedrok is the RMacauley of the VP League

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    TAF90291180.jpg

90,291,180 million. Damn this table is fast. Multi-ball chaos!!!!!

400 Million! What the!! Seriously! That is some serious skill.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Scores updated

Thanks for the suggestion - don't want to force the guys with full cabs to play desktop tables Don't see a problem with the above solution for the greedy Thing!
    The cab version plays fine, it was updated.

I just meant that we could change the veiwing angles of the cab one to use as an updated desktop ........ Use the same values as in version 2.0 desktop.
    All I need to know now is how to add the backdrop and straighten the plunger.
    Last edited by Dedrok; 16th March 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information