Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 Game 7 - Crazy Kong [WEEK 2]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could swear that 69,700 beats 66,600 :)

:headbuttwall::headbuttwall::headbuttwall::headbuttwall: Sorry, all fixed now. Will fix the MGL leaderboard thread in two secs.

Thanks for picking up my mistakes guys.

Just watched (mainly in fast forward) the MARP WR for Crazy Kong 685,200. Holy crap :o

Learnt a few little things, but basically he just point presses the barrel boards like crazy. Got to the end of Level 20 without losing a life and a score of 619K, then point pressed losing 3 lives on 21-1, before kill screening it with the final life.

Well worth a watch, even in fast forward :cool:

Does anyone know if a CK PCB will work in a standard DK cabinet?

I am already looking into getting one of these Double DK boards - http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=url&page=prod/ddk/ddk.html I already have genuine DK and DKJnr PCB's but this board would be so convenient and I like the fact that it saves High Scores.

Pretty much any PCB will work in a DK cab that uses 5 and 12 volt, you just have to make an adapter, which would be pretty easy if your DK cab is wired for using the edge connector, or a bit tricky if it uses the plug connectors.

The DDK board conversions are damn expensive, $160 plus shipping each way, I'd rather go the D2K kit for half the price.

Pretty much any PCB will work in a DK cab that uses 5 and 12 volt, you just have to make an adapter, which would be pretty easy if your DK cab is wired for using the edge connector, or a bit tricky if it uses the plug connectors.

The DDK board conversions are damn expensive, $160 plus shipping each way, I'd rather go the D2K kit for half the price.

So what is required with the D2K Kit? A original DK PCB? Also what does it give you besides D2K?

They do sell the DDK PCB's outright but yeah, pretty expensive at $260 :| My cabinet is an original and wired with an edge connector I think. I have an original DK Jnr PCB which just slots straight in.

I think @kane will be the one to hopefully answer that for you as I believe he said he was playing this comp using an original CK PCB.

Is your DK machine an original by chance, i.e. capable of being used for Twin Galaxies submissions, all original parts or is it just the board inside an Aussie built cabinet?

Yeah, as above. An original :) Here is a pic of it next to my MAME cabinet :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49284[/ATTACH]

So what is required with the D2K Kit? A original DK PCB? Also what does it give you besides D2K?

The D2K kit is for a DK board, it adds the D2K game obviously but it also saves high scores for both DK and D2K. All you have to do is take out the CPU, plug the small D2K board in to the CPU slot, and then plug the CPU into the new board.

If you decide to buy one, get me one too :redface

They do sell the DDK PCB's outright but yeah, pretty expensive at $260 :| My cabinet is an original and wired with an edge connector I think. I have an original DK Jnr PCB which just slots straight in.

Yeah, as above. An original :) Here is a pic of it next to my MAME cabinet :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49284[/ATTACH]

Wow... Nice :cool: When you bringing it up to Brissy so I can have a play and submit a crap arcade score to TG?

oh... and wash your car, it's filthy :p

Wow... Nice :cool: When you bringing it up to Brissy so I can have a play and submit a crap arcade score to TG?

oh... and wash your car, it's filthy :p

Damm, my car is dirty... should have photo shopped it out! :P

- - - Updated - - -

The D2K kit is for a DK board, it adds the D2K game obviously but it also saves high scores for both DK and D2K. All you have to do is take out the CPU, plug the small D2K board in to the CPU slot, and then plug the CPU into the new board.

If you decide to buy one, get me one too :redface

I will have a look at it. The only thing is that I didn't want to mess with my original DK or DKJnr boards.. With the Double DK I like that one as it has DKJnr on it... The DK2 one doesn't obviously... :-/ I wonder if you can combine the two? :)