Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Replacement LAI keys

Hey guys,

Recently acquired a LAI driving cab but has no keys. Want to access the rear doors to inspect/clean out the cab and plan for its eventual Nebula Model 2, Supermodel and MAME conversion, but don't have the keys.

Does anyone know if there are replacement keys available and whether all LAI cabs are the same? I have a cam lock key from my Arcadeworx cab which fits but doesn't turn the lock.

I have done a quick eBay and google search but haven't come across much. Looks like I may have to drill the locks out if there aren't any available replacements or if the previous owner can't find the keys but wanted to ask around first.

Cheers.

Replacement LAI keys

Sorry should have been more specific. Clap the outside of the lock with the vice grips eg. [ATTACH]46459[/ATTACH] then turn this will turn the whole lock and should open for you. I've had plenty of luck doing this. Then I just undo the nut from the inside and change the whole lock.

Are they hanging inside the front door on a hook - or perhaps fell off the hook into the bottom of the cabinet?

Unfortunately not .. the guy I bought it off said he might have them at his folks place but I doubt they'll appear, so will try the vice grip method or drill it out this weekend.

No luck with the vice grips method .. I think it would work well if the holes in the cab were round ..

The cab has three locks, two which are locked on the rear, and the coin door, which was unlocked. I tried the vice grips on the front door, it turned a little, but then stopped. This was due to the oval hole that the cab has.

So it looks like I'll have to drill out, unless the guy finds them.