Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ball Park Figure to replace a patio

Just wondering if someone can give me a ball park figure on how much it would be to replace an outdoor patio. The current one is about 9M x 2M and it looks like it was 'home made' as the building inspector said it was made with an indoor only wood and it is starting to rot where the wood uprights go into the ground. They didn't use those metal brackets and it isn't up to code. Also the roof is just the basic corrugated metal type that heats up to the point where it's too hot to sit out there in the middle of summer days.

Anyway, I thought one of those Altec type aluminium ones would cost a $2-3000 but my Father in law reckons it would be atleast $7000! Just budgeting at this stage so I don't wanna start getting quotes yet.

Anyone have any idea on the price of these? Any other general tips would help too.

Edited by Left jump left 1P

Wow, looks like I was way out then! It's surprising considering my new Colourbond fence only cost $1700. I was expecting it to be much more, that was 20M x 1.8M, so there'd be more Colourbond in the fence. Maybe patios aren't made from the same type of Colourbond metal or something?

I might look at replacing it myself with some help from Dad/Dad in law. I might just copy what is there now with new wood and add the metal brackets for the bottom of the uprights and use some of that Stratco Cooldek insulated patio roofing. Might be more in my budget!

Thanks for info!

Lefty

I might do just that. I found a Stratco catalogue from a few months ago when I was looking at fencing. They had a 6M x 3M DIY patio kit in there for $1295! That would work out to be 18sqm, the same as my 9M x 2M current patio. This was just a basic patio but the only thing extra I would want is the cooldek insulated roof.

I might try and get to the Salisbury store in the next few days...