Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 2: FAST DRAW [FINISHED]

MRBUNGLE shoots from the hip with his nomination,

FAST DRAW

http://i47.tinypic.com/ekf9l.jpg

More info: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=828

TOURNEY RULES

- 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks

- No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)

- No buy-ins or continues etc

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ? :)

FAST DRAW PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 9,733,560

2. OzStick: 5,184,350

3. Foot 4,679,290

4. Stuzza: 4,266,970

5. Jammasized: 3,743,710

6. Kane: 3,533,990

7. MrBungle: 3,401,800

8. StevOz: 3,353,390

Edited by Jed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)

.....and here's where we have our first minor hurdle of the tournament.

The version I am running is Fast Draw VP9 FS 1.0.1 by JPSalas, which at the time I installed it on my PC was the default Visual Pinball version of Fast Draw. Problem is, he modded it from the VP8 version to run the ROM from

Amazon Hunt so it was effectively an SS rather than an EM. This brought about a change in the scoring as the SS version uses 7 digit scoring in the UVP.

So unless everyone runs this version, those of us who do will cream everyone else!!

There is now a DirectB2S version (as of 10 days ago)which apparently goes back to the original scoring once again, however I'm yet to adopt DirectB2S in my cabinet and I'm not really keen to go messing around putting a second version of the same table on my current cab.

If I'm the odd one out then I'll either sit this one out or bite the bullet and start messing around with DirectB2S, but firstly I think it needs to be decided which is the correct VP9 version of the table to use in Cabinet mode.

Sorry for the storm in a teacup!

I don't think I have this table on my cab yet. Perhaps you choose another table to allow people to sort out getting the same version of this table up and running. ie. decide which version we will go with.

Personally I'd like to stick with the newer DirectB2S tables.

Ozstick: You need to try out the new DirectB2S - some of the backglasses are amazing.

I don't think I have this table on my cab yet. Perhaps you choose another table to allow people to sort out getting the same version of this table up and running. ie. decide which version we will go with.

Personally I'd like to stick with the newer DirectB2S tables.

Ozstick: You need to try out the new DirectB2S - some of the backglasses are amazing.

Agree on the db2s - I was really chuffed to see db2s backglasses for Joker Poker and Genie released amongst heaps of others in the last week or so. Genie especially is a masterpiece!

I reckon we should go with the SS version of Fast Draw. It's available for desktop, and full screen. Quite a few are playing on desktop - so going only db2s tables would exclude too many people from playing.

Well I spent most the weekend on a new Vpin build, from custom built and fairly crappy MDF Frankencab, to Judge Dredd in a couple afternoons and nights..

I did not harm The Judge in any way... It is in still original condition....really happy with the nick and the colours on the boxes are still really vibrant. I'm a lifelong biker so I appreciate the side art bigtime. I drilled no holes and I am using all the original buttons it came with - coupled with some internally mounted microswitches + Ipac2 from @OzStick, all I added was a digital plunger which fit perfectly in the launch button hole, and a coin button also in existing hole - swapped the launch button to the other side to use as game start, and also backlit the start button with a USB notebook light so it lights up nice.

I haven't done the Headbox yet - numbskulls delivered it without the mounting bolts. Anyway just wanted to get it operational so I didn't miss too much playtime plus the 22" 4:3 monitor I have been using as scoreboard now looks really dumb inside the enormous Dredd Headbox! So that's next on my agenda... Anyway a few pics in this post along with score.

Fast Draw - you can have a ball-tearing go then - nothing. My current score I got to 2.5 million on my first ball and thought - yes! but all over in about another million including a 20k ball :redface As @Foot said those side drains can get you down but how satisfying it is to hit both 50k targets in the one shot. It's not the score but just the feeling :) Specs is pretty generous too. IS there an extra ball in this machine I don't recall seeing it.

I gotta say that I prefer the old EM's in Visual Pinball. The tables look cleaner, less chaos and lights, and it's what I grew up playing... which gives away my age I suppose.

Nice game.

judge1.jpg.f04475971826a328d8041959d03ebba5.jpg

judge2.jpg.8476dde79db2ef2c5ac42f8fff2aec1d.jpg

judge3.jpg.00ef81162ee7727ec6c23470c74b12ae.jpg

fastdraw v1.01 desktop

EDIT

What we should do, like I just found out by checking, is remove the existing nvram to another folder. This way using a fresh one guarantees all on the same settings. I normally do but forgot with this one.

So scratch the 7M and use this score

6,938,830 ....... seems alot easier to score .... darn last ball not a flip.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/175/fastdrawv10_t.jpg

Here is fresh settings of new nvram ..... amazon hunt

http://vpforums.org/imghost/175/fastdrawdips.jpg

Edited by Dedrok

I have to agree with some of the comments re EM tables. They used to look terrible in VP and FP was very much the way to go, as pretty much EVERY table looks simply awesome if FP.

What lets FP down big time is the physics, which are downright horrid - the ball floats around and it feels like you're playing pinball on the mood. Oddly though, most of the original tables were pretty much spot on, so I don't know what the story is there.

All that no longer matters with the addition of B2S into VP, as we're now seeing many of the later EMs in particular being given the full treatment and they are fantastic to look at and play. My current favourite EM is Abra-Ca-Dabra which I rate as one of the best tables done for VP. The best news is there's still a lot of EMs that have not been done yet so we'll continue to be spoilt by all these talented table authors. :038:

What we should do, like I just found out by checking, is remove the existing nvram to another folder. This way using a fresh one guarantees all on the same settings. I normally do but forgot with this one.

Here is fresh settings of new nvram ..... amazon hunt

http://vpforums.org/imghost/175/fastdrawdips.jpg

I agree with this... I'll add this to the tourney 'rules' IE fresh nvram to ensure everyone is playing on the same settings. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still haven't tried Future Pinball, have so many tables I haven't even seen yet on VP.

What I don't understand is.... where is TRON on VP ? Or still waiting for someone to strip their playfield and scan...

I'm also hanging out for a B2S, or at least full screen 6 million dollar man :)

My current favourite EM is Abra-Ca-Dabra which I rate as one of the best tables done for VP. The best news is there's still a lot of EMs that have not been done yet so we'll continue to be spoilt by all these talented table authors. :038:

Definitely one of the nicest looking tables out there - along with Joker Poker which I think is probably the nicest I have seen. (but a bit of JP bias there.sure) I'm also loving Centigrade 37 at the moment. Also admire the way they deal with high scores on the old em's with post it notes down the bottom - really nice touch.

Edited by Jed

Because I had a disc with hundreds of tables,all Roms and Nvrams, (the whole set up) from many years ago, I have to check or use fresh Nvrams all the time as I just copy from set up to set up.

I have to agree with some of the comments re EM tables. They used to look terrible in VP and FP was very much the way to go, as pretty much EVERY table looks simply awesome if FP.

What lets FP down big time is the physics, which are downright horrid - the ball floats around and it feels like you're playing pinball on the mood. Oddly though, most of the original tables were pretty much spot on, so I don't know what the story is there.

All that no longer matters with the addition of B2S into VP, as we're now seeing many of the later EMs in particular being given the full treatment and they are fantastic to look at and play. My current favourite EM is Abra-Ca-Dabra which I rate as one of the best tables done for VP. The best news is there's still a lot of EMs that have not been done yet so we'll continue to be spoilt by all these talented table authors. :038:

FP does suck for physics, but on the EM's I jack the table slope up tp 9 or 10 so they play faster and dont float as much.

VP is looking nicer and now with dB2S there should be a lot more being made. Abra Ca Dabra is great, any table made by Pinuck is good to play .... try Jacks open.

I agree with this... I'll add this to the tourney 'rules' IE fresh nvram to ensure everyone is playing on the same settings. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still haven't tried Future Pinball, have so many tables I haven't even seen yet on VP.

What I don't understand is.... where is TRON on VP ? Or still waiting for someone to strip their playfield and scan...

I'm also hanging out for a B2S, or at least full screen 6 million dollar man :)

TRON being a SAM system STERN, it wont be done until 3 years after a new board system is introduced. All the STERN tables for VP are Whitestar Systems and that has been more than 3 years.

It sucked having TSPP and Monopoly on desktop not having ROMs available once upon a time due to the same reason.

There is a 6M$Man FS ..... but it's not pretty. UVP.

Definitely one of the nicest looking tables out there - along with Joker Poker which I think is probably the nicest I have seen. (but a bit of JP bias there.sure) I'm also loving Centigrade 37 at the moment. Also admire the way they deal with high scores on the old em's with post it notes down the bottom - really nice touch.

John (Pinuck) does a nice job, I still havnt loaded up Centigrade yet, but try his Jacks Open, Close Encounters, Abra Ca Dabra, Sinbad. Cant remember if he redid Joker Poker or that was just converted from Serpiko version.

FP does suck for physics, but on the EM's I jack the table slope up tp 9 or 10 so they play faster and dont float as much.

VP is looking nicer and now with dB2S there should be a lot more being made. Abra Ca Dabra is great, any table made by Pinuck is good to play .... try Jacks open.

TRON being a SAM system STERN, it wont be done until 3 years after a new board system is introduced. All the STERN tables for VP are Whitestar Systems and that has been more than 3 years. John (Pinuck) does a nice job, I still havnt loaded up Centigrade yet, but try his Jacks Open, Close Encounters, Abra Ca Dabra, Sinbad. Cant remember if he redid Joker Poker or that was just converted from Serpiko version.

I have great memories of Close Encounters, and it looks perfect in VP. Decades ago it used to be in the Kiosk at our local drive-in, would go there after the first film for burgers and it always had heaps of 20's on it, would patiently wait....usually miss a good part of the 2nd film cause I'd be stuck in there playing it :)

This table has been treated to a whole bottle of Drano, hasn't it!!?? I especially hate it when the lowest drop target on the left is the only one remaining (which is more often than not for me), then you hit it only to see the ball float in an almost perfect arc down the right outlane..... and it happens just a smidge too quick for you to realise that a nudge would probably save the ball!!

The key to this table is definitely getting all the drop targets to bring up the endless single targets worth 50k each.

Still, you're all gonna hate me as I did manage to crack it for a good game. And here it is..............

2041048065_FastDraw-5184350.jpg.26990bf1318c202e45131aaaf2e7bbd0.jpg

Then along comes a good one ..... getting used to where the ball might be going and pre nudging

So is nudge a big factor on this table? I have no nudge on my cab and so was wondering if that is making this one especially more difficult.

So is nudge a big factor on this table? I have no nudge on my cab and so was wondering if that is making this one especially more difficult.

Pretty much on all tables ..... it's not a strong nudge though, so a good game can still be had without it.