Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 2: FAST DRAW [FINISHED]

Ok thanks. Well I'll just continue with the excuse that the only reason I am not winning is because of no nudge! ;)

Stuzza, setting up nudge is as simple as gettng two mercury switches and hooking them up to your I-PAC. You mount them on angle brackets so you can both pivot and swivel them until they are fine tuned (which can take ages to get just right) after that you're good to go. Of course it's "only" digital nudging, but heaps better than nothing at all.......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuzza, setting up nudge is as simple as gettng two mercury switches and hooking them up to your I-PAC. You mount them on angle brackets so you can both pivot and swivel them until they are fine tuned (which can take ages to get just right) after that you're good to go. Of course it's "only" digital nudging, but heaps better than nothing at all.......

I reckon I might try nudge buttons instead. I have a mercury switch nudge and find it is too slow...as there is that small delay between shoving your cab and it registering and by that time the drain has happened before you can try to save. Really only found it useful for getting stuck balls going again so far.

Yeah I've actually bought some mercury switches but never got round to hooking them up. I am still put off by the whole whacking the sides of my nice new cabinet. Especially with a PC and TVs inside. I now really wish I had added the extra side buttons to use for nudging instead. I might look at adding these soon. Ofcourse now I am worried about drilling through my artwork!

Yeah I've actually bought some mercury switches but never got round to hooking them up. I am still put off by the whole whacking the sides of my nice new cabinet. Especially with a PC and TVs inside. I now really wish I had added the extra side buttons to use for nudging instead. I might look at adding these soon. Ofcourse now I am worried about drilling through my artwork!

Drilling and splintering/chipping artwork around the edges of the holes would be an issue for sure, size of the hole/spade bits makes that hard to avoid. I don't want to drill into my JD for the same reason. Though I think I need to now hit up @OzStick for some buttons that will suit the smaller existing and free Dredd holes - the original cab had those large square buttons which might be cool if I can get them :)

Still struggling with Fast Draw, yet to hit 4 million... hopefully adding a nudge this weekend might help me lift my game!

Drilling and splintering/chipping artwork around the edges of the holes would be an issue for sure, size of the hole/spade bits makes that hard to avoid. I don't want to drill into my JD for the same reason. Though I think I need to now hit up @OzStick for some buttons that will suit the smaller existing and free Dredd holes - the original cab had those large square buttons which might be cool if I can get them :)

Still struggling with Fast Draw, yet to hit 4 million... hopefully adding a nudge this weekend might help me lift my game!

Yeah, the original large square buttons make it much easier to hit the nudge button and will fit straight in yours. I still use mine as I'm yet to hook up the digital plunger and nudge board.

Yeah, the original large square buttons make it much easier to hit the nudge button and will fit straight in yours. I still use mine as I'm yet to hook up the digital plunger and nudge board.

I'd love to know where to get the large square buttons if you have any ideas from suppliers. Have looked on Evilbay and general googling to no luck so far.

Hit the half way point for fast draw.

I'm glad there's a week still to go, my cab is all pulled apart for the last few days as I'm trying to make a 37 " fit inside the dredd headbox neatly which is slightly doing my head in..

I'd love to know where to get the large square buttons if you have any ideas from suppliers. Have looked on Evilbay and general googling to no luck so far.

I think I had to get them from Mad Amusements .... try RTBB first as he's local.

Well I installed left and right nudge buttons in my cab - so far no diff at all to my score :( going worse, if anything ! Haven't got it down pat yet. I did about 10 crap nudges for 1 good one. I did save one outlane and one drain but I think I need a LOT more practice...

Am guessing these same buttons can be programmed for magna save for tables like Black Knight ? (db2s blackglass for Black Knight has dropped too btw)

A couple days left for Fast Draw - finishes Sunday night 9pm, and Table #3 will be posted on the weekend.

Dedrok still holding a commanding lead... but haven't heard from Ozstick in a little while...

I'm still whimpering and not cracked 4 mill yet.

but there is a weekend in front of me :)

Increased my score by a million most of of the difference was actually getting extra balls...

And another lesson learned for this comp I think - I will take a screen shot of the default dip switches for each table and post up front so we are all playing on the same level playing field. For the last two weeks my dips have been set to 'score' for specs and extra balls... was wondering why I never got extra balls when I did :redface

Getting there with the nudge buttons though - not quite trained myself yet but definitely been using them to save drains down the guts when they look like happening... which seems to be easier to save than the outlanes.

fastdraw2.jpg.d47281818ec2f22da5606d3c7ae3c753.jpg

I've never had an extra ball on this table either, I'm sure my settings are default though because I've installed from scratch and am adding the tables as they come up, plus I don't actually know how to change settings yet :redface

For the last two weeks my dips have been set to 'score' for specs and extra balls...

I don't know what this means, my DIP page looks the same as the one posted in post #14 :unsure

I've never had an extra ball on this table either, I'm sure my settings are default though because I've installed from scratch and am adding the tables as they come up, plus I don't actually know how to change settings yet :redface

I don't know what this means, my DIP page looks the same as the one posted in post #14 :unsure

In the 'novelty mode' section you can have it set to give you points for specs and extra ball (50k) or 'normal' mode (where you actually get extra balls). We should imo be playing in 'normal' mode so you can gain the normal things like extra balls on a machine - how have others been playing ?

Basically I think the comp should go: Dedrok plays on novelty mode (no extra balls) everyone else plays with extra balls :D

I'll sort this out properly by the time I post the next game so it's clear up front. If everyone else has been playing without extra balls then I'll remove my latest score... and try again :)

Well damn, my latest score I got with the extra balls is null and void then.... will update the table.

Our cable internet is on the fritz today, so it makes posting stuff and updating everything a bit hard.... might have to continue with fast draw for now until our net is back. I tried the hotspot thing from my phone to pc but that refused to play ball too :(