Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 2: FAST DRAW [FINISHED]

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

This table has been treated to a whole bottle of Drano, hasn't it!!?? I especially hate it when the lowest drop target on the left is the only one remaining (which is more often than not for me), then you hit it only to see the ball float in an almost perfect arc down the right outlane..... and it happens just a smidge too quick for you to realise that a nudge would probably save the ball!!

The key to this table is definitely getting all the drop targets to bring up the endless single targets worth 50k each.

Still, you're all gonna hate me as I did manage to crack it for a good game. And here it is..............

Fast Draw - 5184350.jpg

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Lots of 2M and 4M games ..... when it kicks your butt, just rage quit for a while.

Then along comes a good one ..... getting used to where the ball might be going and pre nudging

The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    Then along comes a good one ..... getting used to where the ball might be going and pre nudging
    So is nudge a big factor on this table? I have no nudge on my cab and so was wondering if that is making this one especially more difficult.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuzza View Post
    So is nudge a big factor on this table? I have no nudge on my cab and so was wondering if that is making this one especially more difficult.
    Pretty much on all tables ..... it's not a strong nudge though, so a good game can still be had without it.

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    Pretty much on all tables ..... it's not a strong nudge though, so a good game can still be had without it.
    Ok thanks. Well I'll just continue with the excuse that the only reason I am not winning is because of no nudge!

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    Ok thanks. Well I'll just continue with the excuse that the only reason I am not winning is because of no nudge!
    Stuzza, setting up nudge is as simple as gettng two mercury switches and hooking them up to your I-PAC. You mount them on angle brackets so you can both pivot and swivel them until they are fine tuned (which can take ages to get just right) after that you're good to go. Of course it's "only" digital nudging, but heaps better than nothing at all.......

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post
    Stuzza, setting up nudge is as simple as gettng two mercury switches and hooking them up to your I-PAC. You mount them on angle brackets so you can both pivot and swivel them until they are fine tuned (which can take ages to get just right) after that you're good to go. Of course it's "only" digital nudging, but heaps better than nothing at all.......
    I reckon I might try nudge buttons instead. I have a mercury switch nudge and find it is too slow...as there is that small delay between shoving your cab and it registering and by that time the drain has happened before you can try to save. Really only found it useful for getting stuck balls going again so far.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I reckon I might try nudge buttons instead.
    And you have the 2nd buttons like mine in the Dredd cab already .... perfect for nudging, easy to hit.

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post
    Yeah I've actually bought some mercury switches but never got round to hooking them up. I am still put off by the whole whacking the sides of my nice new cabinet. Especially with a PC and TVs inside. I now really wish I had added the extra side buttons to use for nudging instead. I might look at adding these soon. Ofcourse now I am worried about drilling through my artwork!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

Yeah I've actually bought some mercury switches but never got round to hooking them up. I am still put off by the whole whacking the sides of my nice new cabinet. Especially with a PC and TVs inside. I now really wish I had added the extra side buttons to use for nudging instead. I might look at adding these soon. Ofcourse now I am worried about drilling through my artwork!
    Drilling and splintering/chipping artwork around the edges of the holes would be an issue for sure, size of the hole/spade bits makes that hard to avoid. I don't want to drill into my JD for the same reason. Though I think I need to now hit up @OzStick for some buttons that will suit the smaller existing and free Dredd holes - the original cab had those large square buttons which might be cool if I can get them

Still struggling with Fast Draw, yet to hit 4 million... hopefully adding a nudge this weekend might help me lift my game!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information