Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 Game 5 - Popeye [COMPLETE]

Yeah, I really should htfu and get back in front of my upright and get into the games again. Speaking of disappearing acts... what's become of wingtipvortex these days....

Think he has himself a chicky babe ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few games and getting frustrated, really need those big bonus on the first 3 levels and when I miss them I get deflated.

Reaching Stage 5 regularly, but scores can be between 40,000 and high 60,000's, the game has me point pushing :lol on first few levels, milking the spinach bonus

and dropping the drum on bluto on the bottom level for 4000 points.

Have noticed once you get a few hearts bluto tends to lose it a bit more and gets harder so maybe getting the big points early in the stage will be a better strategy.

Really wish I had a 4-way Joystick setup for this so many times I push diagonal on the stairs. grrr

Love when bluto drops a level and then does a face mash in one move, Combo!! must be one of first ever in a video game f$%king dickwad.

:lol Bluto is a f*#@ing dickwad! I only ever get the 2k bonus from the bucket. I make that the first move each time. Most points come from getting the hearts/ notes/ letters when they're up high and if they get past me I build up a little collection and then grab the spinach. Double points for collecting them on spinach. On the 2nd level I try to use the see saw thing as much as possible. You can also do that one really quickly to start the level. On level 3 staying at the top seems best and kill as many birds as possible.

A few games and getting frustrated, really need those big bonus on the first 3 levels and when I miss them I get deflated.

Reaching Stage 5 regularly, but scores can be between 40,000 and high 60,000's, the game has me point pushing :lol on first few levels, milking the spinach bonus

and dropping the drum on bluto on the bottom level for 4000 points.

Have noticed once you get a few hearts bluto tends to lose it a bit more and gets harder so maybe getting the big points early in the stage will be a better strategy.

Really wish I had a 4-way Joystick setup for this so many times I push diagonal on the stairs. grrr

Love when bluto drops a level and then does a face mash in one move, Combo!! must be one of first ever in a video game f$%king dickwad.

when this round is over I would like to see a video on how u manage to get Bluto with the bucket on the bottom level.

when this round is over I would like to see a video on how u manage to get Bluto with the bucket on the bottom level.

Probably easiest if you knock him into the water first, then he is on the bottom level when he get's out and then hit him with the bucket. I've only got the 4k once and it was pure arse, not done by design.

Just managed it for the first time. Sorry no recording though. Used a couple of lives to do it and scored much worse than usual just because I was only aiming for that. Knocking him into the water didnt work- he just went straight up the ladder again. I think it was just luck after spending enough time on the bottom trying to draw him down. Definitely not worth the effort unless you were able to fit it into an established pattern.

Well done to ED_209 for the win.... your prize (along with a shiny gold medal) is a date with the lovely Olive Oyl :cool:

Final Placings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]83,400[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]75,520[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]72,760[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]azathoth[/TD]

[TD]59,490[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane[/TD]

[TD]54,720[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Kane[/TD]

[TD]48,700[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]39,930[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]37,730[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]35,030[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]33,510[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]27,300[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by John73

• Administrators

Check out post 37 for my "awesome" score ;)

I was away this weekend so no imporvement for me and to be honest no hope. I'm terrible at this game

Cheers,

Brad

Check out post 37 for my "awesome" score ;)

I was away this weekend so no imporvement for me and to be honest no hope. I'm terrible at this game

Cheers,

Brad

Apologies :redface Deleted a [ TR ] code from the table by mistake so it wasn't showing your name.... all fixed, will add your points to the MGL leaderboard now.

Bollocks, my just over 40k snap is still sitting on my USB stick :-( looking at the crazy kong scores I'm no chance of beating you there John so that doubles my pain lol.

Never say never. CK is really not all that hard, I'll post some tips tonight if I remember - give everyone a good shot at posting some decent scores.

Never say never. CK is really not all that hard, I'll post some tips tonight if I remember - give everyone a good shot at posting some decent scores.

I find it a lot easier than DK but the scores being posted are still outta my league :eek