Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade screen orientation question

Hi all,

Is it possible to play horizontal PCB's in an arcade cabinet with a vertically oriented screen? :unsure I know I can rotate the monitor or run MAME but I am not interested in doing that, I would just like to be able to play horizontal and vertical games in the same cabinet by swapping out PCB's.

Cheers,

Matthew

No just buy a second cab.

I have 2 cabs

Agreed, this is how the man cave gets bigger. It's also the best excuse to tell the wife.

Not possible, I don't have the space nor money for any more

Yep, cocktail for vertical, Upright for horizontal. WIN

My cocktail has a 48-in-1 and my upright is vertical with Raiden, I have to choose between horizontal and vertical in the upright and thought I might get away with playing horizontal games on a vertical screen. The only way I can see that happening is to buy an ArcadeVGA card and J-PAC and run MAME, I can then force the screen to display horizontal games vertically or vice versa if I rotate the screen.

there are a few good mult game horrizontal boards for cocktails too, like the 138 in 1.

I would prefer to just run MAME and get all of the games that I want to play running, thanks for the info though.

Cheers,

Matthew

i have a 40" lcd as a mame screen, it plays vertical games fine as long as you dont mind the blackout bands on each side (or of course you can click the monitor to display full width and while it may not please all the purist people here, nobody that plays here on them notices in the slightest).

go big, go hard or go home hehe