Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

60 in1 volume control

Ponty

Hi Guys

Has anyone got ideas on how to put an external volume control (outside of cabinet) for the 60 in 1 board

rather than using the test mode - as most of you know the sound level on these are all over the place

Cheers

You could use a wirewound pot in the speaker line. One like this ($22.95):

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AC1672

50 Watt RMS Fader - Mono

These are ideal for controlling the volume of extension speakers, where they are in another room or location from the amplifier. These can be mounted in- line, or even in the speaker box itself. They have a constant impedance design suited to 8ohm systems.Supplied with plastic face plate. Rated at 50W RMS.

60 in1 volume control

I put controls on the inside by using the line out going to a small amp running on 12v. The amp is mono but so is the 60in1.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355439778.982390.thumb.jpg.50fb817a674b83e1d7c2102c252a633b.jpg

I could not find a photo on my phone for one, but here is the stereo one I use for mame. Similar but has tone and base as well as volume.

You could use a wirewound pot in the speaker line. One like this ($22.95):

50 Watt RMS Fader - Mono

These are ideal for controlling the volume of extension speakers, where they are in another room or location from the amplifier. These can be mounted in- line, or even in the speaker box itself. They have a constant impedance design suited to 8ohm systems.Supplied with plastic face plate. Rated at 50W RMS.

Thanks - Will give that a go

My Bad, I just checked, it's 100ohms not 100kOhms

This is what's in my LAI machines

100 ohms will work but it is too high in value IMO.

Picture what is happening - you are REPLACING the load of the speaker with the OUTSIDE terminals of the pot. The pot is now the "load" as far as the amp is concerned (and this is why it must be a wirewound type of pot).

The amp is expecting to drive a load of between 4~16 ohms - this is what value the pot should be.

You are then taping of at different points of the pot and taking this to your speaker.

This is simplistic because the higher you turn the volume - the more you are changing the impedance of the load to the amp as you are introducing 'more' of the speaker into the picture.

To compensate for this most pots used in this application are double the value.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, sorry to hijack but I'm looking for a volume pot for a couple of my machines but didn't want to use an amped version.

I just went to jaycar and asked if they had a pot which is 4~16 and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and told me they don't make em that small.

What should I be asking for or don't they sell that kind of thing in jaycar?

Hey, sorry to hijack but I'm looking for a volume pot for a couple of my machines but didn't want to use an amped version.

I just went to jaycar and asked if they had a pot which is 4~16 and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and told me they don't make em that small.

What should I be asking for or don't they sell that kind of thing in jaycar?

Jaycar part number AC1672