Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RockOla 8000 issue - need a technician in Victoria

amberc

Question

hi

we have an issue with our machine where it is ?locking out? a few discs. As soon as you press the disc number (before pressing the track) it says ?not available?.

It appears those particular disc numbers are locked to not play? We?re not sure how to re-set or unlock them ? The manual given to us is not specifically for the 8000 so it doesn?t go into this issue correctly (it mentions pressing a couple of buttons which we followed but then the menu we get is different to what the manual says should be ?.)

It?s not the cd?s as they play if we move them out of that position or on a stereo, it?s not even trying to play the discs in those positions ? they?re just saying? not available.?

Your prompt help is appreciated as we get married on Saturday and bought the jukebox for this reason !!

thanks a lot

7 answers to this question

you could try to 'initialise' the cd's,there will be mention of this in the manual under 'program' settings etc.

this should select each cd one by one and read it's info,then store the info for reference,

if you have a bad cd or two,then it may not be able to be read,and therefore could be locked out,

there should also be a diagnostics program that will let you know what cd's it's having trouble with,

hopefully your manual will make mention of this,

see how you go.

Hi buddy

I did ask the company i bought it from and he had no idea about the technical side, he has sent me an email contact today. I'm waiting on his reply....

thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

This is the other issue - the manual we got with the machine isn't specifically for the 8000 so when it tells us to try certain trouble shooting menu's they're not aligning as it's a different machine. It does go through re-mapping but the menu options are not what we get when we go through the steps...

It isn't the CD's either as they play outside of the jukebox and they play if we move them from the position it says is not available. It's not even getting to the reading of the CD, as soon as you select the disc number (before the track number) it say 'not available'.

It's literally like they have been locked (i.e 84 locked, 93 locked) so annoying !!! I need to re-set it or something ?!!!