Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 1: TAXI [FINISHED]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can u give some tips on hitting pinbot targets?

Like mentioned before - get the multiball going and in the ensuing chaos, Pinbot shouldn't be so stranded.... it's impossible to shoot and complete Pinbot directly unless you're Tommy and can get a rebound going off a ramp post - far as I can see.

Edit: @Dedrok did you get many/any 4 million point jackpots in your 28 million ?

Edited by Jed

Like mentioned before - get the multiball going and in the ensuing chaos, Pinbot shouldn't be so stranded.... it's impossible to shoot and complete Pinbot directly unless you're Tommy and can get a rebound going off a ramp post - far as I can see.

Edit: @Dedrok did you get many/any 4 million point jackpots in your 28 million ?

No..... one jackpot at 2.5M.

It takes forever to work it back up, but I'm working on a plan for that.

Finally cracked it for a big one: 15,908,940

533758368_Taxi-15908940.jpg.cdff7979bbb742165a0ac7ebabf98c17.jpg

There was a nice jackpot that went begging too! After playing this table a fair bit I've decided the strategy that works best for me is to shoot the ramps and bring up the Million shot on the Santa hole. Apart from that, go for the obvious Tips when each character is lit and try to hit the Carry Passengers target whenever it lights up - it doesn't stay on long but makes a big difference to your bonus, especially on the last ball.

As with most pinballs, there's a lot more to this table than there first seems to be......

Nice scorin' there Chris!

Just a heads up for everyone TAXI will run till Sunday 9pm will be the cutoff for scores.

I just realised I didn't lay out the scoring format for this league comp. Points will be awarded as follows, and following motor racing format:

1st. 25

2nd. 20

3rd. 16

4th. 13

5th. 11

6th. 10

7th. 9

8th. 8

9th. 7

10th. 6

11th. 5

12th. 4

13th. 3

14th. 2

15th. 1

Winner and VP Wizard will be the player with the most league points after 10 rounds are completed. I'll see if I can organise some sort of prize for the comp. If any suppliers want to sponsor the comp to the tune of something small / pinball or VP related for the winner, please PM me.

I'll post Table 2 for the league this arvo :)

OK, here are my Taxi strategies

OK ... Start off by only shooting the ramps with lit flashing arrows to advance airport rides towards lighting the million shot, collect at joyride. Then do it again and again, avoiding any other shots.

to be ambitious and safe you can add this

shoot the lock hole when lit (lit passenger re lites) .... with 2nd ball, hit the left ramp to release locked ball. Continue to shoot airport rides to lite million shot and collect.

To make shooting the ramps safer, lock one of the balls again (Express lane 1) and shoot ramps or million. The locked ball will stay locked for 10 seconds or so, then return to play. DONT lock the 2nd ball in Dracula pickup (Express lane 2) as it will then lite Airport Rides at the ramps for 100K and not count towards lighting the million shot.

While doing all this, you can also add the top lane shot while in 2 ball play to spell CAB, raise jackpot limits, get bonus x and work towards an extra ball. Even collect a Jackpot when lit, but try to avoid jackpots and build it up as much as you can .... it will build quicker if you keep sending 2 balls up to raise it.

and thats how to get a reasonable score.

Taxi is over! Congrats to DEDROK for taking out game 1 of the very first VPL! A pretty good turn out of 10 players for the first game, hopefully everyone will stick around and the comp will continue to grow.

Final results as follows:

1. Dedrok: 30,893,750 - 25 points

2. Ozstick: 15,908,940 - 20 points

3. Stuzza: 8,888,400 - 16 points

4. StevOz: 8,395,610 - 13 points

5. Kane: 7,306,520 - 11 points

6. Foot: 6,155,530 - 10 points

7. Jammasized: 4,851,500 - 9 points

8. Mameshane: 4,435,960 - 8 points

9. MrBungle: 3,502,960 - 7 points

10. Sedboyscotty: 3,045,800 - 6 points

I'll put a seperate thread up shortly which will contain the VPL ladder - this will be updated at the end of each game.

Thanks for everyone who participated and submitted scores - I learnt a lot about Taxi and thanks to Dedrok for his tips on how to smash it :)

Did anyone else get the ball stuck at the top of the right ramp? The last few games I played the ball kept getting stuck just up the top of the right ramp. Nudging it off just caused Tilt everytime.

I know the old version did quite a bit ......... no trouble on the new one.