Thread: Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 1: TAXI [FINISHED]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 1: TAXI [FINISHED]

And to get things started.... the first game for Tournament 1 of the AA Vpin league is.....

TAXI

nominated by FOOT

TOURNEY RULES

- 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks
    - No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)
    - No buy-ins or continues etc
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score
    - Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table
    - you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself
    - Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ?

TAXI RULES

http://pinball.org/rules/taxi.html

TAXI PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 30,893,750
    2. Ozstick: 15,908,940
    3. Stuzza: 8,888,400

4. StevOz: 8,395,610
    5. Kane: 7,306,520
    6. Foot: 6,155,530
    7. Jammasized: 4,851,500
    8. Mameshane: 4,435,960
    9. MrBungle: 3,502,960

10. Sedboyscotty: 3,045,800

Last edited by Jed; 25th February 2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: updated to post #68

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Cool game, should be fun!

Ok, chucking a score up to see how my screenshot works

taxi.jpg
    Last edited by Foot; 10th February 2013 at 09:16 AM.
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Ok how about 8,395,610 on the latest VP9.12 version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StevOz View Post
    Ok how about 8,395,610 on the latest VP9.12 version.
    Great score! noticed it's a #1 top on the table ie a PB - you got it today ?

I'll load this up shortly for a bash - have played this table but not really got into it yet, time to learn the ways of the Taxi Driver...

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Great score! noticed it's a #1 top on the table ie a PB - you got it today ?

I'll load this up shortly for a bash - have played this table but not really got into it yet, time to learn the ways of the Taxi Driver...
    Actually I downloaded it awhile ago, though had forgotten, that said I must of played it at least once before and totally tanked at 600,000 or so.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1985 Post(s)
    So it's any version, cause they do all play different.

I'll get cracking.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    At this point I like the choice that we should just let players use whatever version they like. After all were trying to get it off pin mgl off the ground. At some later point we can change so everyone uses the same version

I do understand that there is a big difference in how some games play but remember there it's all about fun
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1985 Post(s)
    Ok, I might have a crack at all versions .... I still run vp8 on my ancient millenium run rig so I can play that too.
    Newest version plays nice, a lot easier than the straight vp9 version. Best be updating the cab next.

Taxi VP91x v2.12

Do we want Screenies with initials, or in game over mode as above.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    At this point I like the choice that we should just let players use whatever version they like. After all were trying to get it off pin mgl off the ground. At some later point we can change so everyone uses the same version

I do understand that there is a big difference in how some games play but remember there it's all about fun
    Would it be OK to use Pinball Arcade as well?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Would it be OK to use Pinball Arcade as well?
    I reckon all versions on Vpin no worries, as that makes it more inclusive. But IMO there's one thing I reckon would be good to stick to, and that's keep it to Visual Pinball. I think there's enough versions of that, and table versions, let alone bringing other software into it ? I'm happy to go with majority wishes though, so others have a say on what Dkong has asked and we'll go with majority rules.

I like this table, seems really fun to play. never seen it before in either real life or Vpin so I don't really know WTF I am doing, so i might have to read the table rules but anywhere here's a starter:

Playing on my Bitza Frankencab + latest VPin 914, table version 912 V2.12 (what a mouthful) The cab is work in progress since Christmas hols, hope to build the headbox this week if I get the time

EDIT: I do kinda dig the spinout skillshot too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jed; 12th February 2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: carnt spel or tipe for shiz.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information