Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Quick fix for ArcadeVGA video card (or any other cards)

Had both my old AGP ArcadeVGA cards die within months of each other, first red line artefacts then nothing after a while, so both MAME cabs were down, extreme situations need extreme solutions.

Instead of buying new cards newer PC's for the PCIe and then configuring a front end etc etc I decided to try the oven bake for 8 mins, and it worked.

Had nothing to lose and was a bit skeptical but for 8 mins cooking time in an oven at 200c I had success.:D This might not work for everyone will be interesting to see how long it lasts, just about to try my second card now and

see if that will work as well.

More HERE if interested.

How long should I cook it on fan forced? :lol

I just love oven baked chips. :lol

Good idea though.

196 is optimum :lol , and between 5 and no longer than 12 minutes ( no need to turn ).

Just installed the second one and it works as well now.

Hope it lasts for ya .. this type of fix was suggested for defective Xbox 360s too .. and they were mostly only temporary fixes.

Should be able to get cheap Radeon 9xxx series cards and use Calamity's CRT drivers or Soft 15khz for cheap ArcadeVGA like goodness when/if your cards die?

Great new, wow

So the SM solder came apart then ? (IE legs lifting)

Not sure what SM solder is but I suspect the reflow of the solder works :)

Hope it lasts for ya .. this type of fix was suggested for defective Xbox 360s too .. and they were mostly only temporary fixes.

Should be able to get cheap Radeon 9xxx series cards and use Calamity's CRT drivers or Soft 15khz for cheap ArcadeVGA like goodness when/if your cards die?

Thanks , 2nd day with a good workout and still working!