Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [COMPLETED]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

road0006.png.844e8b26d33fc672a2c8eb597dadd2b0.png

A little something I whipped up earlier today. Didn't crash until the goal stage on the first run through. Should have made it to the goal 2nd time, but had an absolute shocker on the goal stage.

I don't expect this score will win this game, but hopefully it's enough to get me a medal :) Still got some more games in me before this one finishes on Sunday night.

Re: MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [WEEK 2]

Great score :thumbup:

I'm still interested to know people's rankings, finishing in first place would be tough, I wonder what bonus you get. I can't remember if I ever finished in first, but I have got top 5 and the bonus was small.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still interested to know people's rankings, finishing in first place would be tough, I wonder what bonus you get. I can't remember if I ever finished in first, but I have got top 5 and the bonus was small.

My best ranking finish was 9th, didn't get any bonuses...

I don't think this game rewards you enough for rankings where as it rewards you for going slow(ish) collecting the fuel cars.

So unless you win the race ( 10,000 ?? bonus) there is not much point in trying to win.

Got to say that the fuel level still feels somewhat random to me. I just had a race where I didn't crash at all, passed plenty of cars, didn't miss a single fuel car yet started the 5th leg of the first course with about half a tank of fuel :confused: The rankings are also a complete mystery - after the 2nd leg, I was 4 seconds behind the 5th placed car on the leaderboard that comes up yet I was still ranked 36th :confused: When you reach the goal and start over, you go back to 40th which seems a bit unfair.

Even still, this game is heads and shoulders my favorite game of this MGL so far :cool:

Haven't given up on this game yet, but I can't seem to get closer than about 100k to my best score today :(

road0009.png.265749966e9ce9e1c79fcbe0ed87d959.png

Horrible start to this game, but managed to keep the 10k fuel cars intact for ages at the end.

The gauntlet has been thrown down - 3? hours left in this one. The silence from the Macauley corner over the last couple of days with this game still has me worried :lol

Got to say that the fuel level still feels somewhat random to me. I just had a race where I didn't crash at all, passed plenty of cars, didn't miss a single fuel car yet started the 5th leg of the first course with about half a tank of fuel :confused: The rankings are also a complete mystery - after the 2nd leg, I was 4 seconds behind the 5th placed car on the leaderboard that comes up yet I was still ranked 36th :confused: When you reach the goal and start over, you go back to 40th which seems a bit unfair.

Even still, this game is heads and shoulders my favorite game of this MGL so far :cool:

Haven't given up on this game yet, but I can't seem to get closer than about 100k to my best score today :(

Was only my observation on the fuel, agree on best game yet, just one more :D

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [WEEK 2]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47743[/ATTACH]

Horrible start to this game, but managed to keep the 10k fuel cars intact for ages at the end.

The gauntlet has been thrown down - 3? hours left in this one. The silence from the Macauley corner over the last couple of days with this game still has me worried :lol

good job. not sure if I will have time to play a couple more games to beat that or not. see how I go.

Just had a cracking game

When you get on roll in this game the score just flys

I went from I think 300K to 530k in one game, and then my last game from 530k to 740k. You really can build massively on your score if you just have a good run and keep the 10k bonuses coming. Mameshane had a similar improvement and now Foot. Just takes (in my case) lots of games until you finally get a game where it all comes together.

We're still a way off the MARP & TG record of 1.4Million, but pretty high scores I think for most of us who had never played this one before.

Pity this game was never at my local arcade, I reckon I would have played it a fair bit - plenty of value for your 20 cents in this one.

I don't think this game rewards you enough for rankings where as it rewards you for going slow(ish) collecting the fuel cars.

So unless you win the race ( 10,000 ?? bonus) there is not much point in trying to win.

Yeah it does sort of seem that way, but as you said you need to progress in the ranking to get more fuel (something I had not noticed) fuel is a real must in the second round, so that is your bonus, and I guess there would be a big point score for finishing first? I like the way you have to balance tactics between speed for fuel and accuracy for points.

You only progress in the rankings when you pass the grey formula one type cars that move all over the track, so they are for Rank, and the other 'Cars" total is all cars passed. Hitting obstacles and spinning out also seem to use extra fuel, as does crashing, this may be why you use more sometimes than others? Not sure on this just guessing.

Great to see people getting into this one now, it is a cool game, some fantastic scores coming out, way over my PB,I'm too tired after N/S to play today so my score will be unchanged.

Yeah it does sort of seem that way, but as you said you need to progress in the ranking to get more fuel (something I had not noticed) fuel is a real must in the second round, so that is your bonus, and I guess there would be a big point score for finishing first? I like the way you have to balance tactics between speed for fuel and accuracy for points.

You only progress in the rankings when you pass the grey formula one type cars that move all over the track, so they are for Rank, and the other 'Cars" total is all cars passed. Hitting obstacles and spinning out also seem to use extra fuel, as does crashing, this may be why you use more sometimes than others? Not sure on this just guessing.

Great to see people getting into this one now, it is a cool game, some fantastic scores coming out, way over my PB,I'm too tired after N/S to play today so my score will be unchanged.

Yes good game love it frustrating as hell sometimes bit like ACDC pinball :lol

I don't mind this one at all. Being a driving game I automatically suck at it though. :lol

Goddamn driving games, sports games and step-pad dance games! :realmad: I'm crap at all of them! :lol

This one has been fun but it gets really difficult after a couple of drinks :cheers: which makes the past week or so a write off for high score gaming. I did manage to break the 300k barrier on the cab at work but i don't reckon I'll get back there today so my posted score might be all I can contribute.

Good luck everybody!

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [WEEK 2]

Chucked this on TG Tournament settings: Medium, Difficult, Medium and can't even crack 100K :lol Highest for these settings is 728k by Robert Mruczek. Going to be a long slow battle to try and beat that score :o

I think u should give it a go! only 2 weeks and you have gotten a big score already.

I don't like my chances beating you this afternoon. I had a really good run bringing me close to mine then crashed 3 times in a matter of 20 seconds and it was game over.

I might still give it a couple more attempts though.