Thread: Rock Ola Jukebox problem. Help please!!!

State
    Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rock Ola Jukebox problem. Help please!!!

Hi,
    I have owned a Rock Ola Princess 471 for many years and had hours of trouble free entertainment from it. Today I wanted to add a new 45 to the magazine wheel. As per usual I pushed forward the lever to scan to enable me to remove the unwanted 45. I then replaced it with the new 45 and repostioned the lever to open. When I selected the new 45 using the push buttons, the grabber arm, found and gripped the new 45 and then stopped. Now the grabber arm is locked and the magazine will not rotate anymore. I guess it is something simple, but I can not find the answer to my problem. Any thoughts would be greatful.
    Thanks, Steve.

State
    south australia
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    try resetting the mechanism circuit breaker,it's usually a the red coloured reset pin and marked 'mechanism',hopefully it will get you going,

State
    Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Amutech,
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't work.
    Steve.

State
    S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Hello..

Cool machine & easy to service..
    Amutec is on the right track with this problem & is a very common prob'
    Q:- how long ago was the mech' fully serviced.?? (no need to answer)

now to what is needed to be done
    a service manual & parts catalog will be needed, along with some synthetic oil & grease
    unfortunely the service manual will not be of great help, but the parts catalog will should the components & how they go together..

what happens with the Rock-Ola mech' is that over time the old mineral grease dry's up & becomes hard, this causes the transfere mech' to jam / get stuck..

you will need to apply some oil to the transfrer mech' in hope that it will softern the dry grease, this may take some time to seep in .. giving the mech' a gently wiggle may help..
    some people will recomend CRC or WD-40 also to softer the grease, But be carefull ast these probucts can cause damage to plastic & rubber parts.!!

if this does not help you will need to dis-assemble the tranfere mech' removing the old dry grease. then re-assemble it using the synthetic grease..

i have many write up's with pic's & details on the full service work a Rock-Ola machine should get every few years... one should oil the machine 2 or 3 times a year, just a few drops..

as i have not posted/started any threads with all these instructions with detail & pic's (due to a few members here on this forum) i will edit & post some info here if you are still having problems.. as this is avery common problem & may help others wanting to look after thier machines..

State
    Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Rock-Ozla,
    I have just read your reply, it sounds very encouraging and obvious now that you mention it. It is always polished and cleaned, but I am embarrased to say it's never been oiled since I bought it 20 years ago. If you have some pics and general info as to what parts need oiling, I would much appreciate it. I have also just ordered the service manual for it which I found on ebay. Since my last post, I found
    on further investigation, that if I reset the red mechanism breaker switch and put the magazine lever to scan, the turn table will turn for about 5seconds then the breaker trips again. However the magazine wheel stays blocked. Also when I flick the lever between scan/off/open, the play relay mecanism actives, is this normal?
    Thanks again, Steve.

State
    Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RocK-Ozla,
    You are a genious!!!!! Thank you so much it worked. I promise to give it as much love on the inside now as I do on the outside.
    Thanks again all.
    Steve.

State
    south australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Gotta love a happy ending

Thread Information