Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Double Dragon - video and audio problem

Chexfxdx

Question

Hi all,

The second PCB I got with my Cab is Double Dragon, now this one has both a video and audio problem, I'd like to try to sort out the video problem first and attack the audio at a later stage. Now when this game is started the screen comes up with... well... for want of a better term... disrupted graphics as per the pic below:

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae116/OzStang390/Arcade/IMG_1967.jpg

As my Combatribes PCB works fine in this Cab I was believe the problem is on the Double Dragon PCB, does anyone have any suggestions where I should start with this one? :confused:

Cheers,

Glenn

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I want to thank everyone for their help, at this point my health is stopping me from doing any more on this board but as nauseous is interested at looking at the data on the ROMs, I'll be sending the board on for him to check them out.

Sincerely,

Glenn

I'd like to give everyone who was interested in this thread, a positive update about this DD PCB. To recap, these boards had a number of problems with both the graphics and sound but sadly it got beyond my current abilities (and I didn't own an EPROM reader/writer), nauseous offered to "check my boards out" for me in exchange for retrieving the data from a couple of my EPROMS to replace the corrupted data on his EPROMs.

Well... I have recieved the boards back from nauseous and the boards are FIXED and he cleaned them up and they look and work as good as new. Mate... you are a LEGEND!! :ty :023:

Here is a run-down of what nauseous fixed:

Replaced all of the capacitors (this stopped the board from resetting over and over),

Replaced ROM #5 (I am told this is the boot code for the CPU which gave blue blocks on the screen at start-up),

he also mentions that among a few other small tweaks, he fixed a glitch in the sprites by fixing a bad solder joint on the EL1200 custom.

A BIG THANK YOU to nauseous and to all the other people who helped me muddle through the initial testing, you are an AWESOME bunch!!

Cheers,

Glenn