Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Baz's PONG - AUNGER (u know, the car parts maker from the 80's ? remember louvres ?)

andykmv

Question

kind of an after the fact post, but here it is anyway. if i find the original purchase thread i'll link it to here. (furball ?)

a looooong time ago baz purchase a pong from NSW which furball kindly go to his fathers in nsw.

my bro in law took the batten and got it as far as norther vic, and i took the batton from there to my place.

baz came over and we pulled pong out of storage to repair the cabinet and get it on its feet agfain.

the base of the caB HAD BEEN SO BADLY AFFECTED THERE WAS LITTL OF THE SIDES AND PLINTH LEFT TO HOld it vertical anymore. (oops sorry for caps lock)

we got some hardwood, trimmed off the sides and removed the rotten plinth and made a new base for it, including some new leg levellers.

firmly attached the new base to the base of the cab and fitted the leg levellers.

still a little front heavy so baz will have to crank up the fron leg levellers, and when we get some time we will have to adjust the positiuon of the leg levellers.

checked the electricss, wiring and power supply, and with a few spare bits and opices tempoorarily patched in we got some video and an attract screen out of it!

hopefully there will be some pics forthcoming of the repaired base and the video screen to date. at least the electronics are simple, and the pcb layout looks pretty much the same as atari pong, except for the PSU section.

5 answers to this question

i forgot to take some. :redface waiting for some from baz. :p

- - - Updated - - -

^ +1 as andy is well known for not uploading pics in his threads lately.

yeah, winding up for another update soon. thanks for the reinder rmeinder! oh heck the pics.