Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Neo Geo LAI Lowboy cabinet plans.

Hey guys, I have a Neo Geo 1 slotter with a 161-in-1 and a 20 inch screen. Currently, it is all housed in a butt ugly bartop housing. I have dreams of building a replica Neo Geo LAI lowboy to replace the horrible bartop. Does anyone have any good cabinet plans, or know where to get them for this kind of cab? It is just a generic LAI lowboy I believe, that has been branded with Neo Geo stickers. I have attached an image for reference, if you in any arcades in the 90s in Australia, you will know the exact machine I am talking about.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSmzB5i-EV63t55VFG86a03cxgSD1KD98xltVX4YUTO3qk_HpHfhecBtrkaQ

I am not sure if they are 20 inch or 25, I kind of have a hunch they are 25. However, even so, I would just retrofit my 20 inch screen into the frame, or even upgrade to a 25 inch screen.

So, if anyone has some good cabinet plans for one of these babies, I would love to see em.

Thanks!

Woodwork and namastepat - Possibly :) I am not as inept as I make out, I can wield a jigsaw with some aptitude when necessary :) I would not be doing it on my own though, I have handy friends also.

I would love to come and check yours out, that will allow me to get inside the guts and see how things are screwed and bolted together also. Could you do me a favour, when you get home today, could you suss out what the diagonal width of the screen is? I really want it to be 20, but I think it might be 25.

Thanks Ray.

Loki beat me to it. Those plans of mine are actually 10mm too big on the sides & one of the panels on the back to bring the rest into shape, only recently noticed it when i finally got the 2 cabs side by side. If you want to do a complete replica to the neo the back door is bigger in those plans because of the monitor i ended up using, also i didn't do the shelf internals either . If you want the proper measurements for the back and shelves let me know.

I am not sure if they are 20 inch or 25, I kind of have a hunch they are 25. However, even so, I would just retrofit my 20 inch screen into the frame, or even upgrade to a 25 inch screen.

Ive just put a 21 in mine (had it already) and loving it

It had a 19 in it but Ive been told it originally had a 25

I would like to upgrade to a 25 down the track