Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A new gamesroom is being birthed.

It's about 6m x 3.5m. Too small for what I have in there, I would kill for an extra metre or two each way.

Lol, my games room in my new place will be 3.4m x 7.1m, so this gives me a good idea of what to expect. No pinballs for me though, just as many arcades as I can fit on either wall. :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, it's taken 6 years, but I have finally hit wall to wall capacity in my games room. The consoles and cocktails have been removed to make more room for more arcades and pins. What started as a room with nothing but consoles and one arcade machine, has now evolved into a room with 4 pins, and 11 arcade machines. Couldn't have achieved any of this without the fine people on this forum. I've made some fantastic friends through this hobby, learned so much and gained a huge amount of confidence in tinkering with my machines. Hats off to everyone who has helped me out over the years. There's too many to mention :)

I need to take a photo with everything switched on, but I'd just finished reorganising and cleaning and it was too much effort :)

IMG_20180527_171435.thumb.jpg.28ad4b397bb6278dfb9d23ece18afe00.jpg

• Like 4

Looks awesome although a little cluttered. I reckon you should take one of the pins out, lets say Firepower......... and because Im feeling the love Im going to put my hand up and say Ill babysit it for you....... What?????? :lol

Looks awesome although a little cluttered. I reckon you should take one of the pins out, lets say Firepower......... and because Im feeling the love Im going to put my hand up and say Ill babysit it for you....... What?????? :lol

Hah, if I ever sell that Firepower, I have a few locals already in line for it. For the foreseeable future, it's not going anywhere.

• 1 year later...

Big and exciting thread revive. Finally, after much stuffing around, we have started our renovation. New master bedroom, ensuite, laundry and front deck. However, the most exciting thing is the 5m x 6m back deck that will sit right next to my games garage, and the extra 3m extension on my garage + a covered carport in front. That will take my total space to 9m x 3.5m internal games room space and a great outside spill out space into the carport and onto the deck.

I still won't be able to buy anything new, all the extra 3 metres will allow me to do is to fit in the stuff that I already own and have stored elsewhere. Still, it's going to be exciting to have it all in the garage and even more exciting to have a deck for games nights.

• Like 8

The build is progressing nicely. The back deck is down and the frame for the toilet/laundry and master bedroom/ensuite has gone up.

The stairs off the back deck will align nicely with the side door of my garage. The front of the garage will be extended out to near where the skip is in the photos. Then a set of side stairs off the deck will lead directly down to the garage door. Then there will be the single car, carport in front of the garage for extra space.

So much room for activities!

Beers on the deck, games in the garage. Every man's dream.

I cannot wait for this to be done. Fingers crossed it doesn't get shut down like everything else is. :cry

4a6ca832e7def099981cfc714b49e493.thumb.jpg.bc2875b53f1d3ab77e35424fc90c0091.jpg

Edited by namastepat
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

The builders started work on the boxing up of the new slab in front of my games garage. I had to go over there today and move the two closest machines to the door, into the centre of the room. Such a bitch, as my room is so bloody crowded as it is. The builders need to cut away the edge of the existing slab to marry up the new slab to the old one. I am shit scared about my machines :( The builder is going to tape up a plastic sheet to keep the worst of the dust out. I also covered as many machines as I could with sheets.

Here's hoping nothing goes wrong. I told the builder that those machines were more important to me than my children, so I think he understands the gravity of the situation :) The slab should be poured on Monday or Tuesday, so I will post up some more photos once that has happened.

• Like 2

The space for the games garage extension and carport has been boxed up. Really gives an idea of how much more space I will be getting. You can see where the new garage will end and carport begins with the trench in the ground. It's going to give me so much space to host a bunch of drunk gamers when I can finally have a games night again.

c8f788176f9b281153612f508e56b949.jpg.7263b405290bceca4ad01bbb33936f8f.jpg

0aee9d985ab598f471c87dfc2bd86fe0.thumb.jpg.e2bdc128b009454878a971e3a5d6b753.jpg

• Like 4

Slab has been poured and frame has begun for the garage and open carport. I am beyond excited. It was fantastic to stand in the space and see how much more room I will get. The extra space is roughly 3 metres, which is enough for 4 pins backbox to backbox. I will certainly not be filling it with 4 more pins, but I have a Trident to move in, plus a TMNT arcade, a Cyberlead candy cab and three cocktails. I may not even fit it all in :) I am dying to set up my console space again also, so I will be doing some serious room tetris once it is all done.

dab2357032cf4bbde55795c75e6f6b53.thumb.jpg.d0564f859887f057298035bfeff6bb20.jpg

7837e88558e324f1d4dd048e0ce6ad93.thumb.jpg.16f92f67f4f540a819afb550acdb0caf.jpg

• Like 14

Slab has been poured and frame has begun for the garage and open carport. I am beyond excited. It was fantastic to stand in the space and see how much more room I will get. The extra space is roughly 3 metres, which is enough for 4 pins backbox to backbox. I will certainly not be filling it with 4 more pins, but I have a Trident to move in, plus a TMNT arcade, a Cyberlead candy cab and three cocktails. I may not even fit it all in :) I am dying to set up my console space again also, so I will be doing some serious room tetris once it is all done.

Are you offering free hugs in the second photo? Lol

image_149982.thumb.jpg.192d13c9c285a59c8dc3306c32d69057.jpg

Forgot to say that photo reminded me of this

357841608_oceanmachinebackcover.jpg.0cfebe2f59764fcb2c16b5079bd84284.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, looking for some advice. The garage is almost done, so soon I am going to need to look into flooring and painting.

I currently have carpet tiles on the floor in a black and white checker board pattern. I will be replacing all of the carpet tiles with new ones, just to refresh the entire room.

So, my question is this. Who has the best ideas for carpet tile colour combos? Or should I just stick with the simple black and white? I will definitely be sticking with carpet tiles, as they are cheap, hard wearing and I can drag machines around on them without worrying about damaging the flooring.

Now, second question. The walls are currently painted a very basic beige colour. It was left over paint from when we painted one of our bedrooms. I would like to update the paint also, but not sure on colours. I don't want it to be totally garish, but I also want it to be something more suited to a games room. Any thoughts?