Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 16 Game 4 : Fantasy Zone [FINISHED]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1522955655_fanz-104200.png.679416d17b7723c4a30ca1875c7868ba.png

Would AA think less of me if I said I'm starting to enjoy this more than R-Type :D

Interesting to see some bits Sega would use again in the wonderboy series, the shop in WB2 and the general gameplay/boss style is very similar to WB3.

I like how you're not completely stuffed after dying for the first time and losing your powerups but for me they missed a trick with being able to store weapons, that's fine but if they had added a third button so you could scroll through and activate your weapons it would have added some nice extra gameplay/strategy imo.

My only real grumble though is I rarely use the bombs as I've never liked pushing two buttons at once...... repeatedly I mean, I can do it once or twice.

I like this game, but I seem to have gotten into a rut with it.

Can't get past the penguin thingos. Have come within a bee's once or twice.

Have figured out (most of) which weapons wipe out ememies quickest, but my average score seems to have dropped back to around 120K as a result.

Has anybody tried the rocket engine yet? Seems like it'd be kinda ridiculous. Anything over big wings is hard to control. I've tried to save up enough for the rocket engine but didn't make it there.

Yeah, got it once... Doesn't seem that much faster than Jet Engine...

Holy crap, nearly forgot all about this one. Had a big day cleaning up the yard, etc. Anyway, excuses aside here is my hastened effort - not even sure if I will get a point LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45248[/ATTACH]

We're running on Qld time - you still have an hour left :D

Unless someone else pulls a huge score out of their fundamental orifice in the last 20 minutes it's all yours ED_209.

I kept telling myself that I needed to play this some more today but couldn't drag myself away from Aliens.

Then went to the pub (surprise surprise) :40s:

Apart from the rediculously fast power ups this is a suprisingly well balanced game imo, I like the spread of weapon power ups and how you can still survive with just wings which is ok thanks to the friendly balloon on death :)

But yeah please not a shooter next

899716407_fantz-165840.png.5f22b939551cb9eacf335aea2a363ce1.png

And game 4 is done & dusted.

Points will be up shortly and leaderboard adjusted.

Congrats to ED_209 for the win on this one.

Roll on the new game, please, no more shooters :sleep

Next game up in a sec - it has shooting in it, but not a shooter as such.... well I wouldn't consider it a shooter but your opinion may be different :lol I'm just getting random numbers and picking the game from the list. Perhaps there was an abundance of shooters nominated this time? :unsure

If you look at the final placings, you'll notice that no one is worse at shooters than me, perhaps this is something we will need to look at next MGL and discuss prior to the start - maybe list your game and it's genre and we don't play two of the same genre in a row or something.... anyway, something to think about before MGL 17 next year.

Final standings:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]188,240[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]187,480[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Pelly[/TD]

[TD]180,180[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]165,840[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]casperthefriendly[/TD]

[TD]139,600[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]139,100[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]124,880[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Mikie[/TD]

[TD]102,980[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane[/TD]

[TD]78,540[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]96,580[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]bkltgr44[/TD]

[TD]62,900[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]54,880[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]47,160[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]23,800[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Another good turn out for this game. Congrats to ED_209 and the other medal winners.

The practice of RANDOM re selection sometimes comes in handy;)

Yeah I know. But a couple of times already games have come up, I've given them a quick look and thought Arggggg I don't want to play this - I don't want to not put a game up because my initial thoughts are that it sucks.

It's a hard one, no one wants to play the same type of game over and over, but I do think the randomness is important. Perhaps in future MGLs if we don't make changes to the selection criteria then I'll just stay completely out of the selection process. I'm more than happy to update scores etc, just leave the selection process to one or two people who may be able to have less moral objection to a purely random process :D

I was just taking the piss on myself:lol

Yeah I know, but even still, I think there is something to what you say. I think we would all like it to be completely random, but we also want a nice mix of different games. Anyway, I'll bring this up in the MGL 17 call for ideas thread next year for further discussion.

Yeah I know. But a couple of times already games have come up, I've given them a quick look and thought Arggggg I don't want to play this - I don't want to not put a game up because my initial thoughts are that it sucks.

It's a hard one, no one wants to play the same type of game over and over, but I do think the randomness is important. Perhaps in future MGLs if we don't make changes to the selection criteria then I'll just stay completely out of the selection process. I'm more than happy to update scores etc, just leave the selection process to one or two people who may be able to have less moral objection to a purely random process :D

Careful now, you'll get Firepower all riled up again :D

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know, but even still, I think there is something to what you say. I think we would all like it to be completely random, but we also want a nice mix of different games. Anyway, I'll bring this up in the MGL 17 call for ideas thread next year for further discussion.

We have already discussed and considered 'genre selections' in previous MGL's. And selecting from 'pools' but the keep it simple guideline ruled it out.

It's a very easy thing to do, and we have done for previous MGL's, if the same genre keeps coming up upon random selection, we would randomly select another one. No big deal.