Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 16 Game 3 : 10-Yard Fight [FINISHED]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was 5 yards away from another 8000 point touchdown =(

Wow, huge score Brad ! So you were 5 yards away from making the very last team ?

Going to have to give this another go now, in between painting the kitchen this weekend..

• Administrators
Theres a last team? I was in the Super Pro's. Whats after that? I think this is the highest score I've ever gotten but yes 5 yards short. The damn sprite blocks are nasty. I swear is gets worse the higher you get. There was actually a gap between my player and the tackler when I was tackled. The swearing from me was a little extreme at the time :lol

Theres a last team? I was in the Super Pro's. Whats after that? I think this is the highest score I've ever gotten but yes 5 yards short. The damn sprite blocks are nasty. I swear is gets worse the higher you get. There was actually a gap between my player and the tackler when I was tackled. The swearing from me was a little extreme at the time :lol

Yeah, I've noticed that too ie on some of the long diving tackles, the tackler sometimes misses you by a good few pixels, yet you can be taken down. WTF rage moments !

Yep there is apparantly 5 levels of difficulty, like a number of games from this era it has the '5 levels' thing going on. I don't know what the last level is called, maybe Super Bowl or something, also wonder if it then loops back to HIgh School ? But you were extremely close to finding out.... would love to know :)

0007.png.24e854e9e1f25ac3200041b5a0efc7fd.png

0006.png.efcf544f37840cd380160381145f53ec.png

Decided to have one more go. 3 yards short of making it to the final level :(

Best run from the kick off was yesterday, made it to about 4 yards out.

Think that will probably do it for me on this game, just under 7 hours to go - Rob is out of the medals for the first time in living memory, I wonder if he is off practising this game somewhere in a last ditch attempt :D

Rob is out of the medals for the first time in living memory, I wonder if he is off practising this game somewhere in a last ditch attempt :D

I'm done with this one. Just can't get my head around this game. Made the pros a few times and failed miserably each time.

Lowest finish ever. Previous worst was 4th on Turtles.

:I_give_up.thumb::Crying.thumb:

Does the dummy run work?

Still pretty average at this one but had one good run to the third level, I've never had any luck throwing forward straight away or running straight up so usually I'll pass left or right and then either run or go long.

I even started sending my runner up the open side and then going the opposite way and making good yards so now I'm wondering if there's something to that or if its all in my head :).

1134998633_10yard-65950.png.ebd8d97a392903119d815bd7bb218a7e.png

:D

After a couple of 120k scores during the week, but still not enough to beat Brad's score, sat down 5pm today after a busy weekend with the family, to give this a solid couple of hours. 2nd game in I had a cracker, beat the Super Pros for the first time ever :) From then on the game does a Moon Patrol, ie, it stays at the hardest level and repeats.

I love this game, it's easily in my top 10 alltime games - cause it has no logic, and you can't just learn patterns, enemy positions, and play it like an automaton.

Congrats to 10 yard noobs gave it a decent go, and got decent results - like Rmac, and also were polite and a good sport enough, not to piss and moan for two weeks :lol

yardage2.jpg.164cf9df66b1f22c4806afcea721da14.jpg

• Administrators

Damn you Jamma! :cry

I dod the same as you. Been a busy weekend. Thought I'd sit down for a quick game. started poorly, cracked 100k and thought okay games going good...just wanted to get past 130,000 and wham, got hit on the line and the dirty damn cheating ref reckons I didn't make the 10 Yards :realmad: Beat my old score by bugger all.

Good game mate. It's a cracker of a game but must be frustrating for the guys who just don't get it.

Cheers,

Brad

129750-brad-10yard.png.b9e37dbd86a681ca0588295431dcca8e.png

Nice score Jamma :)

I had to chuck on the cheat mode DIPs to see what happened at the end, no chance of me making it there :D

Also found out that you score 20,000 for scoring a touchdown from the kick off - I couldn't manage to do it - but it's worth your while doing it if you can.

Only started playing this an hour ago :018: but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Managed a touchdown a few times but not much more than that, it's seems really hard so I'm probably missing something...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44941[/ATTACH]

Time Up!

Congrats to Jammasized on the touchdown win and also to Brad & casperthefriendly on the minor placings.

Game 5 will up in two secs. Final medals will be added to page 1 of this game, the leaderboard will be updated tonight (possibly) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Jammasized[/TD]

[TD]139,700[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]128,650[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]casperthefriendly[/TD]

[TD]105,400[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]96,700[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Wizo[/TD]

[TD]81,700[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]79,750[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]65,950[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]61,400[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Mikie[/TD]

[TD]57,400[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]mamejay[/TD]

[TD]55,000[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]54,850[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Blktgr74[/TD]

[TD]46,850[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Pelly[/TD]

[TD]45,750[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Nicko71[/TD]

[TD]43,350[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]40,150[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]19,350[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TABLE]

Does the dummy run work?

Definitely Tav, so too using your runner/receiver as a blocker up through the initial line to take out a well positioned tackler - gives your q/back time to get around and make the yards running. I run much more than I pass when I play.

Definitely Tav, so too using your runner/receiver as a blocker up through the initial line to take out a well positioned tackler - gives your q/back time to get around and make the yards running. I run much more than I pass when I play.

I'll have to give the blocker technique a go, it might help me with my quarterback runs which I had pretty much given up on. Nice to see a couple of sports games in the MGL to mix things up, I think it was mentioned before but one of the best things about 10 yards is the variety, I'm sure the patterns get more obvious the more you play but considering how many of the games from the same time had everything happen exactly the same from a given point, like the start of a stage this really does feel like a new game each time you kick off.