Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 16 Game 2: Bosconian [FINISHED]

Bosconian can officially go to hell :P

Got a new ROM which I thought fixed my crashing ROM problems, but apparently not.

Can consistently get to Round 4 without losing a life, but that is where the fun and games end 99% of the time. Couple of 50k scores so I thought I might be chance of knocking of DKong's score but that was as high as I was likely to climb.

Congrats to those who have posted any score over 70k - this game is out of my league.

I'll have to except a big fat zero for this game :cry

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't find level 4 so bad, but level 5 really did my head in.

Been on the road since Friday, riding down south for the MotoGP @Phillip Island. Have my travel mgl kit with me though, tablet with mame4droid and wiimote :) will have a final crack at this tonight, but first, beer !

I didn't find level 4 so bad, but level 5 really did my head in.

Been on the road since Friday, riding down south for the MotoGP @Phillip Island. Have my travel mgl kit with me though, tablet with mame4droid and wiimote :) will have a final crack at this tonight, but first, beer !

Lol now THAT'S dedication to MGL. And beer... Interested to hear if you manage to better your PB on that setup :)

This game will end at 7pm Qld time (8pm AEDST) tonight. I may not be around to do the final scores, Jamma or another mod can do it if they want otherwise I'll get to it next week.

Game 4 will be posted shortly as I won't have time to do it tonight.

• Administrators

I've found it's all about the diagonal shots in this game. The Midway rom is stupidly different in difficulty compared to the original but constant movement on the diagonals is key for me.

Brad

Lol now THAT'S dedication to MGL. And beer... Interested to hear if you manage to better your PB on that setup :)

I gave it a good try last night, the wiimote was OK as a controller, and plays and looks great on my asus tablet. but I couldn't beat the score got on my cocktail machine back home. Bosonian needs pretty precise shooting reckon, esp the bases.

John I can't do scores sorry, I am restricted to Mobile device at the moment. Maybe Brad, Dkong, or the very absent WTV can step in ? I don't get back home until Wednesday.

Played another couple of games this arvo with no sleep after night shift, couldn't beat my 89k I'm sure I have got a bit over 100k in the past, but nowhere near 200k well done folks with the big scores :)

Last night I was reading a slashdot post about console gaming being dead which of course lead to the same old debates, one person said what about kids who have never played Mario and only played Angry Birds on tablets etc? they will not rush to the next gen consoles when released? One poster replied "Bad parenting has been around for ages" LOL I was thinking that :)

Today when I fired up a couple of games of Bosconian, my son Ollie (9yrs) came up and said, "Dad is that game made by the same people as Rally X?" well stuff me after years of playing each I had only realized that when it was posted here.....made me proud of him, and me as I must be a good Dad ;)

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]244,910[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]181,680[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]158,560[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Pelly[/TD]

[TD]139,950[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]119,590[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]casperthefriendly[/TD]

[TD]111,480[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]108,450[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Lupin[/TD]

[TD]99,940[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Jammasized[/TD]

[TD]92,870[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]89,740[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]81,910[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Nicko71[/TD]

[TD]79,340[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Mikie[/TD]

[TD]77,970[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Blontic[/TD]

[TD]76,050[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]72,090[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]71,230[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]63,040[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]61,340[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]Fire_Power[/TD]

[TD]26,660[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TABLE]

Congrats to Brad on the win and to Rob & Taverner for picking up the minor medals.

I'll try and get the MGL 16 leaderboard up tomorrow.

14 Players for Game 1 and 19 for game 2 - Thanks to everyone who is participating and hope you all can try and stick with us for the remainder of MGL 16 :cool: