Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

This wont appeal to all,I tend to get hold of rough pins and try and save them to a reliable and tidy standard,by no means high end restorations,as I am a peasant and cant afford to spend heaps,and besides, if they were cars they would be rat rods and driven like they were stolen,or something like that.So anyhoo, I dont mind saying I tend to get bored easily and move from project to project then back again,hey it works for me and eventually everything gets done,just takes a while is all,so bare with me.I have met some super tallented pinheads since I joined AA,and I am now inspired to do a restoration thread ,and it is Gotliebs Vulcan ,although it is mostly complete it is in fact a pretty much well busted arse Vulcan lol,,stay tuned folks.

DSC00299.thumb.jpg.b7826e6a1ba810eb3e113d1805e23427.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42591[/ATTACH]

Bugger,the other pic s wont upload,more to follow soon :)

DSC00306.thumb.jpg.21ced444add811f39932dda985fd6c97.jpg

Good on you for having a go mate. Will be watching the progress of this one, all the best with it.

Definitely some hard work needed to get it back up and running but as you said you can take your time, plus you can go from project to project.

..imo fire queen (the 2 player version) has one of the most attractive backglasses from the 1970s...

I reckon that typically all the two player backglasses look better, just not as cluttered and more artwork visible.

A bit off topic, so apologies to OP and will be good to see how this resto comes along :)

The backglass in all honesty looks better in pics than what it is ,but will do for the time being.

The Playfield is probably the best part of the whole pin,just has some sunken inserts,am wanting to know if they came out with factory fitted mylar as it is so well fitted and in one full sheet,will post more pics this weekend.

Ive got wood

A super fantastic day for being in the sun with the occasional beer or three.:)

after getting wood earlier in the week ,I harnessed all of my saxon woodwork skills and assortment (limited) of basic tools and knocked up another backbox using the originals for templates

so all the same joints,sizes(ish) etc,also managed to salvage a couple of bits from the original

DSC00468.thumb.jpg.4a968ead6c9eb1e735cee8920b65ec05.jpg

then it was time for the painting department (the mrs) to take over whilst I continued observing/drinking beers,,,,,,,paint stripper applied,paint scraped off,sanding commenced

DSC00467.thumb.jpg.547621cd7990e45239f2f10b728852cd.jpg

before

time to collapse on the lounge,more to come

DSC00470.thumb.jpg.b69cae082d1eacc6737a8713cd609964.jpg

after

In between going to bunnings for paint and bolts etc ,and getting gas for the bbq ,and continued work on the cabinet and back box etc

I spent a little bit of time sussing out whats needed on the "birdsnest".Started by fitting all bits back in place.

started with this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42755[/ATTACH]

now got this

DSC00471.jpg.14f0a77c87cccfb84e72eea4110a24da.jpg

as you can see its fairly complete with the exception of a couple of coils

it also has a shiitload of corrosion,at the moment I will be replacing a heap of lamp holders and screws and a thousand springs lol

can salvage and rebuild the rest

an example of the corrosion

DSC00472.thumb.jpg.512c7fb43da9fbf641b0d45c7c302478.jpg

to be continued

DSC00306.thumb.jpg.32260b5d24c02fbfc67ea97b0134b7cf.jpg