Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Funhouse Restoration - Newbie

Well Done! This has been a great read and very informative (thanks for all the tips).

That last shot looks great, it is such a colourful game. Looks like you got a hell of alot done in one day.....once you get close i guess, you would want to keep going.

Look forward to more pics and the vid! Thanks for inviting us on your restore.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done! This has been a great read and very informative (thanks for all the tips).

That last shot looks great, it is such a colourful game. Looks like you got a hell of alot done in one day.....once you get close i guess, you would want to keep going.

Look forward to more pics and the vid! Thanks for inviting us on your restore.

Thanks Cursed, I appreciate you enthusiasm for my dear Rudy :) It's definitely helped me keep my energy levels up.

It's funny, it took a good week to strip it, about a week to do the playfield swap over and about a week to prep the cabinet, but once it was painted it took only a day and a half to put back together. Like you said, when you see progress being made, you want to keep going :D

One thing I haven't done is tune it up properly. So in the next few days, I'll tweak the targets and bumpers until it's perfect. It's surprisingly good at the moment though. I did adjust as I went, which no doubt helped a lot.

Yeah the colours on Funhouse are great, the LED's do wonders to add to it. The pics don't do it justice. Photography is what I do, so I should be able to whip up a couple of nice pics that show off Rudy at his best :D

Awesome looking job:o, well done Chris:), you should be rightly proud of that.

Thanks JPD. I am quite proud actually :D Put quite a lot of time and energy... and $ into it. Had little knowledge of Pinball restoration before hand, and besides restoring the playfield itself (repro swap), everything has been stripped, cleaned, replaced, restored, polished, rebuilt etc, put back together and it actually works, better than ever!

Really enjoying playing it, just hope I can keep it, have a feeling I may want to try something new sooner than later :redface

- - - Updated - - -

Well done top effort. Will use this thread when I get a funhouse for the misses. Again well done.

Appreciate that! If you can get some help from my help, that would put a smile on my face :D I definitely got a lot of inspiration form El_Timbo's Funhouse resto thread, but also quite a few non Funhouse rest threads. Everyone has their own methods which work differently with your own.

Great vid, nothing i have not said before. Well done.

Funny that you are thinking of trying something else....Pinballs breed pinballs. You can never have just one. Have 2 at the moment and getting my 3rd in a couple of weeks hopefully. :)

Great vid, nothing i have not said before. Well done.

Funny that you are thinking of trying something else....Pinballs breed pinballs. You can never have just one. Have 2 at the moment and getting my 3rd in a couple of weeks hopefully. :)

I'm not sure the wife would agree to a 2nd pinball :D

It's funny, while Rudy was in pieces, I was playing a lot of Pinball Arcade and local sited pinies and started to enjoy some other titles. Namely TOM and AC/DC.

I'll keep Rudy as long as I can, but like you the urge to have another may be overwhelming. I just hope I don't regret it :D

- - - Updated - - -

I just watched your video, you would never know that was your first machine attempt - looks like you have been doing it for years. very impressive effort.

Thanks Swiney! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very good job on your restore flynnyfalcon , anyone would be proud of that result .great photos and vid to ...

Thanks Nick ;)

• 2 months later...

apologies mate but been having problems with my arms requiring a lot of self medicating with booze but it helped. mr pin is mr pinball. but onto more important stuff. congratulations on a super result. cabinet came up great and the pf looks the part. tell me is game play super fast? mine was nearly unplayable, but its getting better now. I could have lowered it but I figured it needed to be run in and some targets adjusted etc

enjoyed the thread immensely and hope to see your next project. Again sorry for the 3 month delay