Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 16 Game 1 : R-Type [FINISHED]

No I didn't donate $7,800 to my friendly scorekeeper. If they find out about that scam in Nigeria we'll all be getting an inbox full of spam. :lol

Just managed to find the right level of Guinness consumption for proper R-Type play. :030:

Time for another can

Well done... I'm sure ED_209 or Pelly isn't finished with this one yet.

On the topic of Nigerian scammers - I had one email me two weeks ago, so I went along.... I think he got bored with me, he won't return any of my emails now. Got the fake bank documents and all from another email address. I told him that the bank guy who emailed me told me to send the documents to someone else who would give me a bigger share of the money. Damn it, I was gonna use that $9Mil to open my own arcade :cry

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm definitely not finished. Just need that one golden run.

Well done Rob (and f#$&* you and your $@!*#^ and the #^*+@ m$@//(! f@$/&!* horse you rode in on).

I don't have any scores hidden up my sleeve but I know what my one and only task for tomorrow is.

I did consider hiding my 399K but figured that knowing me I'd forget to submit it tomorrow. Probably due to being at the pub.

The down side of "showing my hand" is now I've fired up Ed_209 and probably Pelly. And I had plans for tomorrow that involved a silver ball not R-Type.

(f#$&* you and your $@!*#^ and the #^*+@ m$@//(! f@$/&!* horse you rode in on)? But I don't own a horse. :unsure :lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44475[/ATTACH]

Hardly even worth uploading. I'm done with this bloody game :realmad: Gonna watch an INP file tonight to see what the hell I'm missing.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44475[/ATTACH]

Hardly even worth uploading. I'm done with this bloody game :realmad: Gonna watch an INP file tonight to see what the hell I'm missing.

----

Edit: bloody screen shot didn't work to add insult to my already crappy score.

0009.png.44a1d2d148819297a56f85d01f138117.png

Now I've got similar feelings about the horse Ed_209 rode in on. :realmad:;)

At this stage submitting for second just in case Pelly's got something up his sleeve besides his arm.

Don't think I'll get any better due to spending the afternoon trying to qualify for the ACDC pinball finals and enjoying a frothy or two.

Oh well. Here goes nothing.

rtype.png.fb354615d659d9f9f4f243f5e87894a5.png

Finally got around to downloading and having a look at a 773K MARP score for this - holy crap :o

Some points of the game it almost looked like there was leeching going on, but I'd need to more info to be 100% - it could be just how the game is played to kill certain bosses at the end of levels.

A learnt a little bit about what I was doing wrong, but it seems like you just need a bloody good memory - get your ship in the right place and use your powerups mainly attached to your ship and it makes the game a whole lot easier - easier said than done though. Geez I miss the arcade days where you could watch someone do this in person. Bloody impressive how good some people are :sm1:

MGL 16 Game 1 : R-Type [FINISHED]

Remember watching in awe someone play xevious and pickup all the towers and extra lives and seeing the rallyx flag . I then asked while he was playing how they knew exactly where they were and he said see look the little crosshairs go red , :)