Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forza 4 - Online Racing with other AA'ers

Jed

Any Forza 4 players interested in some online racing Xbox Live ?

I was thinking it would be fun to setup some races sometime.

If anyone is interested drop a line here and we can work one out if enough people are interested.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, looking good so far :)

If we scheduled a night to play during the week - what weeknight would be best for most ?

I'm pretty easy + could do any night with a bit of advance notice.

OK so as far as Xbox Live ID's for Forza racers, here we have:

Jason_roberts13: BitLord2, BitLord3 and BitLord4

Nzmendo: MendoPNHC

Jammasized: qu1dd1ty

simedog: Xnoybis

pistolpete78: DaBeerBaron

Major Havoc: Major Havoc PZC

AdamC: justanotherAdam

Will look to set a night for some racing very soon :)

Anyone have any favourite tracks for Forza 4 ?

I love the Nordschleife (who doesn't) - the other day I took a stock 1982 DeLorean around it and though the DL is slow as a dog to wind up, and steers like a cruise ship, it was fun... had a decent run for 11:34

Edited by Jed

OK so as far as Xbox Live ID's for Forza racers, here we have:

Jason_roberts13: BitLord2, BitLord3 and BitLord4

Nzmendo: MendoPNHC

Jammasized: qu1dd1ty

Major Havoc, Pistolpete, can you post your Xbox Live ID's please ? If anyone isn't keen to post publicy then PM me and I will pass on to others.

Will look to set a night for some racing very soon :)

Anyone have any favourite tracks for Forza 4 ?

I love the Nordschleife (who doesn't) - the other day I took a stock 1982 DeLorean around it and though the DL is slow as a dog to wind up, and steers like a cruise ship, it was fun... had a decent run for 11:34

I am DaBeerBaron :)

I'm keen for sure but like Pete, my gaming if it starts, starts late. haha Not helped by me being a night owl. But you can find me as Xnoybis on XBL.

Thanks, will add you to the list.

That's cool, I am the same as far as being a night owl. Only I start early, and go real late :) try to get into bed before 2am though on nights I game on...

Am also really enjoying Trials Evo online lately, top fun!

Haha! I played Dirt3 last night on PS3 until 2am. Whoops!! Hate using a controller but couldn't be arsed getting my wheel out. Don't mind using the controller for F4 though - feels solid plus lack of wheels for Xbox etc etc.

Haha! I played Dirt3 last night on PS3 until 2am. Whoops!! Hate using a controller but couldn't be arsed getting my wheel out. Don't mind using the controller for F4 though - feels solid plus lack of wheels for Xbox etc etc.

Yeah the lack of wheels for 360 is crazy, Fanatec make some great 360 wheels but they are $$$

I tried a Logitech Force FX for 360 wheel for a little while but it was a PoS, very light feel and not sensitive enough. I've recently picked up the original 360 'wireless' wheel (it isn't) for 360 you know the white one, and it's pretty good. It's as least as good as the Logitech Momo Force that I use on PC. How it will stand up in the long run is remains to be seen, I tend to get pretty excited when sitting in the cockpit in the garage :D

How do we want to do this? Setup an online league and have scheduled races or just some kind of ad-hoc "when we can" kind dealio?

A scheduled league is a good idea - I've never done that before in Forza 4 though, only tried online a few times and I got caned !

Do you know how it's done ?

I'm not sure if you can set up anything formal. I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is just create a league, get everyone to join, choose dates and times and tracks etc etc and just hope those in the league and race when it's scheduled. That's my guess. PistolPete and I have had a few online battles and it's good times for sure.

Things to decide on:

- Online community name (with Forza4) and the unique 4 letter/digit code to identify it *note this cannot be changed once set but the league name can be*

- Interested parties to join league

- Decide on race schedule, dates/times, tracks, # of laps, class of car etc etc

That's a start at least.

I'm not sure if you can set up anything formal. I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is just create a league, get everyone to join, choose dates and times and tracks etc etc and just hope those in the league and race when it's scheduled. That's my guess. PistolPete and I have had a few online battles and it's good times for sure.

Things to decide on:

- Online community name (with Forza4) and the unique 4 letter/digit code to identify it *note this cannot be changed once set but the league name can be*

- Interested parties to join league

- Decide on race schedule, dates/times, tracks, # of laps, class of car etc etc

That's a start at least.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I'll setup a league, and get back with detail here shortly.

I don't have Forza 4 or an XBox Live account (you need this play others online don't you?)

I might have got get in on this.... I hardly use the 360, I really should make use of it I guess :D Are you allowed to bump other cars into the wall and jump when your speed is over 100mph in Forza? if so then you are all in a lot of trouble :lol

Spacies, I'm down for some GT5 PS3 action. I'm RiotOfViolence on PSN. PistolPete is a sook. hahaha

John73, you have to have an XBox Live GOLD account to play online. A regular silver account will not allow online play. MS = pay to play. Forza4 allows plenty of bumping and you can configure damage impact levels.. I think you'll dig it.

Forget Forza 4 on Xbox, we need GT5 on PS3 :p

Do people still use PS3? wow I didn't realise :lol

Just about to fire up the cocktail machine for some Berzerk with breakfast :)

John if you do get online post your XBL username here as I'm setting the league up this weekend. Forza 4 is pretty awesome, I think you'll find it much more fun + accessible than iRacing, heaps better graphically too.

EDIT: How would tuesday night be for league racing ? Tuesday being a bit of a nothing day in the week, lets make it a something day! :)

Edited by Jed

UPDATE:

Have created a car club, and sent invites to everyone to join it. Once you have joined the car club, we can then setup races etc.

Was only able to successfully send invites to about half the people who have supplied gamer tags, Forza was telling me others haven't played Forza4 yet ?

So name of the Car Club is: AA League

4-Digit Tag: aafz

If anyone has mates they want to ask to join the club feel free, I have setup the club to receive requests for invites too, so AA guys and friends can all play. Just give anyone you want to invite the 4 digit tag aafz

Apparantly not only can we setup races etc with members of the AA League club, but we can also share cars etc once the club is created. Even race as a club, against other clubs in the Forza world.

Look forward to seeing this club grow and some good racing !