Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sign-up for FAT BASTARD Week!!

Fish Tales

Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...Drink Water...

EVERY time you feel like grabbing a coffee or similar drink, have a large glass of water instead. The mass of water will still 'fill' you.

I know water is boring, so flavour it, whether it's a little cordial, or simply putting a slice of orange or lemon in the glass to zing up the water.

It's not easy, it's not fun, but it IS what you need to do for a while to win the battle.

No weight loss is easy and there is no pill that cures the problem, so be prepared to WORK HARD for the final goal.

Be prepared to suffer a little and miss out on your favourite food pleasures.

When you can discipline yourself to do this, and KEEP AT IT, you will then, and only then, see a major difference occuring.

Ideally, when you first start out, old habits will be hard to break. You don't have to stop eating fats, sugars and caffeine, but you DO have to start working for it.

When you feel like a munchy, go and do 10 pushups or situps or walk rapidly up some stairs a few times to raise a sweat and lose your breath a little, and after that, THEN have your munchy.

The excercise you just did will be working off yesterdays munchy. tomorrows excercise will work off todays munchy and so on.

As you proceed your body and fitness will adjust, now that you've had a week or 2 or pumping more blood and oxygen thru your body to wake it up you will be ready to double the excercises but do NOT double the munchy intake.

The excercising should increase over the weeks, but the food intake must remain the same, or (even better) start reducing the munchies eaten.

You don't have to really eat less fat, you just have to do MORE excercise to burn it off.

After the 1st month, you should be feeling a lot more alert and stronger in yourself. when you do 5 runs up the stairs, you'll find you have energy to do 2 or 3 more, maybe 10....same for doubling the amount of situps, chinups, pushups, squats, ANYTHING that gets your body moving and your organs performing again.

The kilos will fall off, but YOU have to push it onto yourself to do it.

I've proven this system with friends for many years now and it works, no need for diets, pills or personal trainers.

Amen!

- - - Updated - - -

More easy excercises that you don't realise are excercises ;-)

Here's some little things to do to help with low impact excercise on a daily basis.

1) stopping into your local servo/7-11/24 hour convenience store for a drink or snack.

The first thing to change is turning your convenience store into an "IN-convenience" store.

When you park at the entrance door, you take maybe 10 steps into the doorway there and back.

So, why not park around the corner into the side street and WALK to the store from there.

Doing this daily will drastically improve things for you.

2) similar to above, but when you go to a large shopping centre, DON'T park at the very front row closest to the entrance doorway. (i call this the 'lazy ass row')

Try parking 4 or 5 rows away from the entrance. It's now a 200 metre (or more) walk to the doorway and back which will help your body improve.

3) try and look at everything you do each day at work, shopping and so on and try to modify the way (or place) that you park your car and any shortcuts you take that could be done in a longer fashion.

These are just simple modifications to the way you move and distance traveled as opposed to the strenuous workout of 100 situps or pushups and possibly having a heart attack.

When the doctor tells you to go out and walk more, the above tips are options you can include into your walking regime', otherwise just simply go for a walk around your local block each morning or night.

If you have a dog, go walk it daily, it'll keep your dog fit too and add years to their life too ;-)

Hope it all helps....

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any updates today @John73? Over 10 kg's since you first posted. Keep it up.

Will do tomorrow morning, prepare for me to have put on a bit of weight. Been very lazy this weekend and eaten some stuff I shouldn't have :redface

Didn't weigh myself this morning as I like to do it at about the same time each day, before breakfast. I woke up really early this morning, couldn't get back to sleep - so I had toast and a drink at about 3am :D Will try and remember tomorrow morning before work.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted the last two weeks, and too lazy to post pics - so here it is.

Last Monday - 88.0Kg - Not sure how I mangaed that.

Today, 90.6Kg :( Yeah - 2.6kg gain. I ate a heap of really really bad crap during the week. I was just over it with the diet, got lazy and probably put on the majority of that 2.6kg gain in the space of yesterday. Last couple of weeks for some reason I've just been craving some really bad fast food and in portion sizes I wouldn't normally eat.

I'm still pretty happy where I'm at, at around 90kg. I should be closer to 70kg according to every medical opinion - but for the moment, if I can maintain around 90kg, a decent blood pressure, then I'll try to stick at no more than 90kg and keep trying to get the weight down.

Goal for this week, get back under 90kg.

Hope everyone else trying to lose weight is doing ok. Bloody hard, just keep on trying.

Don't drop your lip it's one bad result. Jump back in to it and you will be back on track in no time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thanks for the support. I haven't exactly dropped my lip, but it is drooping :D

I was actually down to under 88kg on Friday morning - so easily lost over 2.5kg this week, but I've been a slacker again this weekend. Hoping to be under 90kg tomorrow morning, hopefully closer to 89 rather than 90.

I've been really slack the last month, haven't had my Dad to look after so I've been eating stuff I wouldn't normally eat. He is back in town, so I'll be cooking every night of the week again now and eating a lot better at night.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't posted the last two weeks, and too lazy to post pics - so here it is.

Last Monday - 88.0Kg - Not sure how I mangaed that.

Today, 90.6Kg :( Yeah - 2.6kg gain.

Hey John,

Just thought I would post this screenshot of how my weight loss was going from March 27 - today.

IMG_7238.thumb.PNG.8d179b6dde511768577b73ee90a0dba6.PNG

I would weigh myself every morning and you can see there the range difference. You can especially see the weekends. I started out probably similar to yourself with the best intentions and gung-ho but towards the end I would start rewarding myself with a treat here and there because I had done exercise during the morning (thinking I had earned it) I actually got down into the 85's at one stage and have dropped down a size in jeans, but also started having more beers of a weekend which turned into having a few throughout the week as well... I have been doing a lot of exercise and riding my bike to work, going to the gym a lot, but because I didn't keep up the healthy eating it just didn't work.

So today I want to get back on track and put in the effort these next few months. My wife is doing a 10 week weightloss challenge with her gym so that has given me some motivation too.

I noticed that you hadn't updated for a couple of weeks so hope you can get some motivation to get back into it.

For healthy weight range I am meant to be at 78kg. BMI currently of 27%. Aiming to get close to that. Also just gonna do what you have been doing and weigh myself on Monday mornings.

Cheers,

Pat

Thanks for the post Pat.

I haven't been doing the weight loss thing seriously for the last month I reckon. As of this morning, I was 89.1 - so at most from where I was, I've put on 1.1kg which isn't the end of the world.

Got my yearly heart & BP check in a couple of weeks, and I've had a lot of other stuff on my mind. It shouldn't be an excuse, but it is for the moment. Just want to get through the next 3-4 weeks without putting on weight, then I'll look at getting back into it more seriously.

I hope you find some motivating results in your check up :) take it easy if you need this month but try not to have multiple binges, perhaps set a new goal next month that you want to lose "X" kg more by the start of summer?

This statement has been bought to you by KFC and Bourbon (zero) ;) first time I have had KFC in many years and the last it sucks as hard as I remember :D

I hope you find some motivating results in your check up :) take it easy if you need this month but try not to have multiple binges, perhaps set a new goal next month that you want to lose "X" kg more by the start of summer?

This statement has been bought to you by KFC and Bourbon (zero) ;) first time I have had KFC in many years and the last it sucks as hard as I remember :D

I've had a few major KFC cravings and a few KFC meals in the last month as a result - and each time afterwards I think "why?" - sometimes their food is nice, if not very fattening, but most of the time it's just horrible because it's been sitting in their hot box for the best part of what tastes like 2 weeks :lol

Had a call from the Doc's office this afternoon to come in about my blood test - nothing urgent the receptionist tells me - PHEW! Gonna see the cardiologist first and then go back to the Doc, no point doing in the reverse order if there is nothing overly worrying the blood tests I figure. My current GP is hesitant to change my BP medication but rather leave it to the cardiologist - I'm really really hoping he drops my medication a bit, because I've been feeling faint occasionally since losing weight and quitting smoking (nearly 4 months :o)

• 2 weeks later...

1433861963_ScreenShot2017-06-19at10_21_30am.thumb.png.5db30cec4382420e6ea51a20fcc9bf83.png

So have been really putting in the effort for June. No beers this month and you can see from the end of May I almost got up to 90kg. Have been going to the gym a fair bit and riding my bike when I can but I think eating better and no beers has been the best influence. I've been logging all my food into the FitBit app and that has helped with not eating the junk food.

I have stopped weighing myself daily and have gone to weekly and have seen some good results. Almost down into the 83's and my goal is to be under 80kg by September.

John,

Thanks for continuing to post even during the times where you have slackened off and put on weight. You're inspiring me to do something and don't forget that you've also given up the smokes for nearly 4 months so be proud of yourself :023:

John,

Thanks for continuing to post even during the times where you have slackened off and put on weight. You're inspiring me to do something and don't forget that you've also given up the smokes for nearly 4 months so be proud of yourself :023:

Thanks for the support. I wish you well in your endeavours to lose some weight.

Yeah, I've been slack. Weighed myself the other day and was just under 92kg. From where I was at 88kg it's not great, but considering what I've been like the last month I'm actually not that unhappy. I know how to fix it, just need to get through the the next couple of weeks without putting too much on, if any.

I had a diet shake today for the first time in weeks, but then did the naughty and ate some bad stuff later even though I wasn't that hungry. I'm getting back into the shakes again this week and will try to stay away from food when I don't need it.

Got a cardiologist appointment this weekend, then results the following week - I'm not worried at all because there was no issue just over 12mths ago and since then I've lost about 10kg, quit the cigs and feel a lot better generally.

On the sort of downside, I have been referred to a hematologist - but it's just a precautionary move I'm told and not urgent, well if it was urgent I wouldn't be on the public waiting list - just some weird white cell counts that they want to check. Hasn't done great things for the stress, which often for me means turning to comfort foods or ever worse, a good old lung f*%ker to calm the nerves :lol Fortunately for me, I had a pharmacist for a sister and a pathology scientist for a Brother-In-Law who tell me my blood results aren't anything to be too worried about which has made me feel a whole lot better.

@nich2pat - that is an awesome effort mate. Congratulations. A mate of mine has one of those fit bits - not that he has much fat on him, but he does have a group of people and they are pretty competitive with their results. I did look at them and decided they were too expensive, but that was months ago and maybe I'll spend some of my saving from the darbs on one of these and join some of the fit bit groups. I like a challenge and find it cool competing against other people who I don't even know to see how many steps I can take just walking around. Might just do that this week.

Plenty of free tracker apps you can put on your phone for motivation. I use Strava for cycling.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I know a guy who uses that.

I have RunKeeper, but haven't used it in ages on my phone - can be used for walking, running, cycling or whatever.

I do like the fitbit community thing though where you can join and compete against strangers :)

Just noticed this thread.

Since Jan 4 if been keeping a strict low carbs, low sugar diet. I've dropped from 85kg to 77kg. I've been up to mid 90s before. Aiming for about 72-73kg.

I get up 5:30-6am and do Fitness Blender exercise programs via youtube.

Feeling good, but I've been here before.

I'm 6 months in and now at 70.5kg. Not aiming to go any lower than this just trying to improve overall fitness. Have started doing lots of weights now with less cardio.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm 6 months in and now at 70.5kg. Not aiming to go any lower than this just trying to improve overall fitness. Have started doing lots of weights now with less cardio.

Maybe this thread should really be called "Sign-up for FAT BASTARD Year!!"

Obviously you've shown that keeping at it over a longer time works. The hard part is actually keeping at it!

IMG_7390.thumb.PNG.10b8623dde444db3309981692eb6e442.PNG

I have got down into the 82's (just) but there was a bit of an increase last week as I was home sick for the whole week. Couldn't do any exercise. Not too much of an increase so thats good. Still on track to get under 80 by September

Long time reader, first time commenting.

Stage 1 of fat bastard improvement almost complete ... been off the cigarettes for 9 weeks

Been rough, but coming out the other side.

Ran with the Nicobate patches, can recommend. You still need copious amounts of will power!

Stage 2 ... fitness, started walking a few days a week and even dusted of the bike for a ride.

Unfortunately come down with the dreaded lurgy this past week, but already noticing not being so short of breath on note able tasks.

Stage 3 starts after Brisbane Masters ... healthier diet!

MyFitnessPal to become a log...used before and it really helped monitor what goes in.

Not going to advise starting weight, other than it's way too much!

Tez

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...

Got my heart checked out a few weeks ago, and it's all good as expected.

Been really bad the last couple of months, and undid a lot of the good work I did. Back on the diet shakes again as of today. So easy to fall back into bad habits and winter is such an easy time to sit inside where it is warm and eat comfort foods.

94.8kg as of tonight - so I've undone half of the good work I did from about 6 months ago :unsure:

Really need to get into the habit of stepping on the scales daily/weekly so I can see what stupid decisions do.

- - - Updated - - -

Long time reader, first time commenting.

Stage 1 of fat bastard improvement almost complete ... been off the cigarettes for 9 weeks

Been rough, but coming out the other side.

Ran with the Nicobate patches, can recommend. You still need copious amounts of will power!

Stage 2 ... fitness, started walking a few days a week and even dusted of the bike for a ride.

Unfortunately come down with the dreaded lurgy this past week, but already noticing not being so short of breath on note able tasks.

Stage 3 starts after Brisbane Masters ... healthier diet!

MyFitnessPal to become a log...used before and it really helped monitor what goes in.

Not going to advise starting weight, other than it's way too much!

Tez

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Congratulations on the 9 weeks (nearly 3 months now?) without ciggies?

I used patches when I first tried quitting and they were good, I especially like the dreams (mainly X rated) that I had :D

Too bad I didn't read you post sooner or I would have tried to meet up with you at Brisbane Masters and say hello - I didn't play, but had a quick look around on Saturday.

You're a champion for that fact alone .. best thing you could ever do and probably the hardest... well done.

• 2 months later...

I forgot to mention that I did get down to my goal. Great... but then when I reached my goal I thought I could just reward myself for doing that :)

337956738_ScreenShot2017-10-05at2_14_56pm.thumb.png.e3ce5db4bcd76aa4afe5e8f1dcc33eb7.png

Got the BMI just into the ideal range, but probably have gone back up a bit.

966017627_ScreenShot2017-10-05at2_15_12pm.thumb.png.d2677da86802022b3f546010c22b1df2.png

Definitely have to keep at it. Don't reward yourself for reaching the goal :) Make a new goal and aim for that. Mine is to stay under 80 for the whole of next year. Hopefully bring the BMI closer to the middle of the ideal range.