Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jack Reacer Movie with Tom Cruise :cry

Don't know if anyone has read any of Lee Child's books with the central character of Jack Reacher portraying a 6ft 5" 240 pound ex marine who dishes out his own justice....

Finally a movie is being made of one of his books, "One Shot", with the trailer just released, very exciting for all Reacher fans.

However, they have casted Tom Cruise to play the Jack Reacher :unsure WTF!!! An almost complete opposite of how the character is expressed in the novels. There has been a lot of backlash from fans over this but will wait to see how it turns out.

Have attached trailer, just hope it does the book and Jack Reacher some justice!

Don't know if anyone has read any of Lee Child's books with the central character of Jack Reacher portraying a 6ft 5" 240 pound ex marine who dishes out his own justice....

Finally a movie is being made of one of his books, "One Shot", with the trailer just released, very exciting for all Reacher fans.

However, they have casted Tom Cruise to play the Jack Reacher :unsure WTF!!! An almost complete opposite of how the character is expressed in the novels. There has been a lot of backlash from fans over this but will wait to see how it turns out.

Have attached trailer, just hope it does the book and Jack Reacher some justice!

I haven't read that particular book but have done a few Reachers. Enjoyable read - love the way he just smashes guys left, right and centre:cool:

Tom = Reacher. No way.

It's a bit like Rock of Ages for me - there's no way I could stand watching Tom supposed to be this huge rock star.

Wait for the movie to be on TV for both of these I think.....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This is hollywood, being true to the book does not come in to play, except in marketing the movie where the actors and director wax lyrical about how they are big fans of the book and really want the movie to be a true reflection of whatever book that particular movie is made from.