Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I now appreciate your games

Wow, so, went to the game masters exhibition today. Was very good overall, i recommend it. I always wondered why you guys want the really older games donkey Kong etc. Not any more. Today i played, PAC man, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Gun Fighter, Centipede, space invaders, and rip off. I must say i loved them all, they were so much fun! I really loved Rip Off, and Asteroids, and gun fighter. I'm putting them on my list, might see if john has them for the next container.

Also how the hell do you beat the second level of DK? I rescued the princess in the first level, got to level 2, and didn't know what to do, and kept dying. Oh and i got told off by one of the staff cause i was hogging the machine haha

They also had a make your own matrix bullet time exhibit, that was pretty cool.

You now have the same bug i was infected with after the last gaming exhibition at ACMI. The classics are amazing. So simple yet so addictive and walking into room full of them is a buzz that you can't explain.

I went to game on at acmi a few years back and had never played any of them. Now I have 15 of them in my collection :)

The plug level you're referring to in DK requires you to run over all of the yellow plugs. Once you do that donkey kong will fall.

So what was the full list of arcade games there?

All the games above plus, Sega out-runners, virtua fighter both not working, plus i think xevious , missile command, and a few others cant quite remember. But not may arcades maybe 20 in total. Oh elevator action not working. Was a real shame id say between 10-20 arcades, and consoles were not working, with big signs saying Ive taken a hit on them, pretty crap for the first opening day.

Have you guys played a game called rip-off. It was the most fun for me, that and asteroids, and gun fighter. I'm going to get all 3 for sure. I might also get donkey Kong, that was pretty cool. Gun fighter was awesome, im so competitive, i owned my mate each time we played 9-3, 9-4, 9-2 etc. I loved that it was a 2 player game, and rip off was 2 players, that was cool. Asteroids just freaked me out, with the lazers you shoot all light up led like, i was like WHOA!! So cool haha

It goes for a couple months, im going back, and taking the wife for another go.

Wow, even consoles not working, that's weird! Elevator Action not working would be a bit of a bummer from my POV.

Gotta get down to see this one, I missed the Game On expo. Haven't played an original Classic in ages.

Still when my Space Wars cab turns up next week, that will change :)

Visy I would never have guessed you as a new convert, I thought you were BITD player.

Great to see new players get excited about golden age games.

You should both join in the MGL, quickly as the first game of this round is still open.

Oh and Visy, they are rivets, not plugs, that's why the building falls when you knock them out.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Mame Gaming League there is a forum section for it. We play for fun, compete for high scores and chat about the games and shit. All playing the games on mame, tell me you know about mame ?

I have owned a couple of RIP OFFs over the years...one of my black and white favorites. There is another game similar from Cinematronics called Armor Attack....great 2 player game like Rip Off.

Asteroids is one of my all time favorite.

Gazza

Google "easy mame" and mame faq, read for 30mins and you should be right. All it is is click the install .exe and put the rom files in the rom folder, leave them zipped. Done.

Oh elevator action not working. Was a real shame id say between 10-20 arcades, and consoles were not working, with big signs saying Ive taken a hit on them, pretty crap for the first opening day.

Most of the games there have spare PCBs in case they fall over, but sadly both Elevator Action boards have failed, one is getting some Womble love tonight and tomorrow so hopefully that cab will be back up and running soon.

Its a big risk for them running all these old machines as the hardware is well passed its designed life, and all the machines they are using are running original hardware, no MAME machines hidden inside. Have already fixed the Tower of Druaga board, and it looks like I might be busy over the next couple of months. Still, I guess things that are on their last legs will die sooner rather than later now they are running for days on end, the burst of failures might be over.

Most of the games there have spare PCBs in case they fall over, but sadly both Elevator Action boards have failed, one is getting some Womble love tonight and tomorrow so hopefully that cab will be back up and running soon.

Its a big risk for them running all these old machines as the hardware is well passed its designed life, and all the machines they are using are running original hardware, no MAME machines hidden inside. Have already fixed the Tower of Druaga board, and it looks like I might be busy over the next couple of months. Still, I guess things that are on their last legs will die sooner rather than later now they are running for days on end, the burst of failures might be over.

Good on you for helping out with that stuff. Will you be doing any write ups for the boards you repair for this exhibition?