Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forza 4 - Online Racing with other AA'ers

Jed

Jammasized, hook me up as an admin of the club if you like - my Xbox live name is Xnoybis. Your call - just offering if you need some more people to help out with the club.

no probs, will do.

Had planned to sort it tonight but a mate came round wanted to check out Kinect before buying one - ended up playing Kinect SPorts 2 Golf all night :D pretty sore now :lol

I will definitely be attacking some times this weekend though. How do you find out your xbl friends times on tracks in Forza 4 so I can get the pedal to the metal..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see people getting into it, I am out of town this weekend however will be back on Tuesday night for some more practice on the Tsubuku track. If anyone is on maybe a race or two.

I had a good crack at it tonight,like the track short and sweet, you guys in the 52' for the track are killing it ! My best was a 54.4 which I whittled down from around a minute at first. Using a Yr 2000 Honda Prelude, as I don't have the cars some of you guys have. Have never raced in Forza 4 with traction control and stability control off, but managed to improve my time by half a second over a flying lap lap once I turned it off, you can definitely carry more corner speed with both off I noticed as long as you can hang in there and dont panic lol. once I get used to the feel I hope to be able to get my time down a bit further, at least to the 53's with any luck.

To this end, how about we all share our cars in the club garage ? Any custom tuning hints would be good, am still a relative newcomer to Forza 4.

Noticed the top time is with a Fairlady Z... are you drifting it ?? I used to own a real 240Z, one of my fave cars ever owned :) Look at my old photos wistfully....

PS - how are peeps playing this ? I play with a wheel - just the standard MS 360 wireless wheel, but it's pretty solid and not bad feel, at least as good as the Logitech Momo I have for the PC.

Forza 4 - Online Racing with other AA'ers

I had a few goes at it.... Got around the 56' mark.

I'm only using the normal controller. Spotted a little wireless wheel the other day, but not sure how it would go, compared to the big Logitech ones.

I'll have to give that track a go without the traction control, and braking ..... See how I go ;) up the coast till tomorrow, so I'll get back onto it Monday arvo

I'm using controller at the moment, I have the Microsoft wheel I might see if its any faster. You gotta drop the semi auto braking for sure for fast times! I haven't messed with my tune yet, might be able to break 51 with a bit of luck I think.

I'm using controller at the moment, I have the Microsoft wheel I might see if its any faster. You gotta drop the semi auto braking for sure for fast times! I haven't messed with my tune yet, might be able to break 51 with a bit of luck I think.

In my quest to get closer to the top guys, I downloaded a custom tune for my Prelude, never tuned before but when I looked it dropped a whole 4lbs of weight (woohoo!) and gave me another couple points lateral G's, and took the Prelude up a few points to a 350 rating. Maybe a decent tune could be worth some tenths....

Will have a crack with controller instead later today, see how it fares against the wheel times I got last night.

AdamC the MS wheel I was talking about is the white wheel and pedals, the original set that came out for 360. Have seen thouse horseshoe wireless wheels, can't see they'd be too good.

I tend to use other people tunes, I look for a set up with a lot of grip, so I don't have to nurse the throttle. Will try and improve my time tomorrow night when I get home. I am using the wireless speed wheel, house shoe thingy, as my race setup is back in NZ. I find it easier to use than a controller. Will have a decent crack at it this week. Once done I will share car and setup.

Willing to do some racing together if people want to see what lines / braking distances I use. I am competitive and love a good race.

Cheers

I tend to use other people tunes, I look for a set up with a lot of grip, so I don't have to nurse the throttle. Will try and improve my time tomorrow night when I get home. I am using the wireless speed wheel, house shoe thingy, as my race setup is back in NZ. I find it easier to use than a controller. Will have a decent crack at it this week. Once done I will share car and setup.

Willing to do some racing together if people want to see what lines / braking distances I use. I am competitive and love a good race.

Cheers

how do you find setups with grip ? All I could see was star ratings and credit costs.

Will be attacking some tsubuku times tonight, couldn't last night due to a very ill Mrs, up-chucking every hour for the whole night and all through the night! Nasty virus.

I'm still clueless to the mysteries of tuning, though.

Quick time major havoc :cool: going to take some beating.

Should we say one more week then a new track? Winner chooses?

How about:

Choose a stock standard car, no custom tuning, nominate difficulty settings like assists etc. Completely level the playing field for everyone,

Then every week someone chooses a car from the shared garage, then nominates a track ?

I keen for any racing on any track... I would upload the car to club garage however it is a locked tune, I will find out which one I am using, then share the info here... Its not the fastest on the straights, but corners real well :)

I tend to race with auto gears and a little bit of ABS. I do suggest if we do only use stock and use guys want to use RWD, we may want to have TCS as well otherwise it would be carnage, maybe we should have a race night on "The Fortnightly Track".

Maybe 2 races of 5 / 6 Laps. This would be a great way for other drivers to see what lines other racers use, plus grow the "Community"..... Need to find my Headset !!!

Cheers

Yeah im keen to have a set car, maybe bump it up to c class. Good races the other day havoc and Adam, the cars we had were a bit op for yours to keep up with, once we set the car you should be fine, buy the Datsun 510e and a d tune for a blast.

Yeah im keen to have a set car, maybe bump it up to c class. Good races the other day havoc and Adam, the cars we had were a bit op for yours to keep up with, once we set the car you should be fine, buy the Datsun 510e and a d tune for a blast.

Yeah lets do it, remove the car and tune advantages, everyone plays with a stock car. C class would be cool, what's a good stock standard C car that would be fun for everyone ?

• 4 weeks later...