Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

114 fuse blows

prowler

Question

Anyone give me an idea where to start looking regarding fuse 114 blowing. Even the 4 buttons on the inside of the coin door (don't know what they are called) don't work anymore. I don't know if they would be linked at all. The GI's are working but since the "4 buttons" don't work i can't diagnose the problem by going in and doing some tests. Edited by prowler

• Super Moderator
What might short the BR? Suppose that could be a number of things. Is there a way to test the BR?

Really only a couple of things that will blow this fuse B1 bridge rec ,C6 and C7 capacitor can fail over time,worth replacing both bridges while your in there,the other thing can be a shorted controlled lamp socket but unless you have been underneath the playfield playing around my money's on B1 bridge

• Super Moderator
Thank you for that information Gibo, can you explain what a controlled lamp socket is exactly? I assume its not any ol' lamp socket?

Any lamp thats turned on during normal game play ie just about all insert lights are controlled depending on your game,check your lamp matrix diagram in the manual as all of these are contolled lamps where as GI's are the globes under plastics that are on all the time

Ok i have taken the "process of elimination" path and have found that when i go to connect 138 it sparks at me. So haw do you figure out which wire is causing the problem? By taking all the wires off and adding one at a time?

Ok i have taken the "process of elimination" path and have found that when i go to connect 138 it sparks at me. So haw do you figure out which wire is causing the problem? By taking all the wires off and adding one at a time?

You shouldn't be plugging/unpluging anything with the power on - that's a sure fire way to destroy transistors on the board.

If it sparked chances are something connected to the plug is shorted so using a multimeter try and see which wire has a problem (POWER TURNED OFF).

Reading this I doubt the person concerned would have the knowledge to desolder & re solder a new bridge. If he/she has no understanding of the basics. Caution should be observed giving advise as a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Post #13 says it for me "Would you explain how to test the wires with a multimeter please".

I don't know what fuse 114 is or what machine/s it is in, but before explaining testing br's maybe google "what is fuse 114 for?" as I did. Lots of answers, may help.

Homepin is spot on, DO NOT check with the power on. You need to turn the power OFF and disconnect any wires going to the bridge.

Patience is a virtue, get all the advice you can b4 u attempt anything, sometimes rushing in can result in a lot of time wasted, and $$$

John, just bring down the power driver board when you come down next, we can show you how to measure the BR's and we will replace them as required.

That's the best bit of advice in this thread.......

This problem appeared after a playfield swap was done and the game then turned on. With the playfield swap done, there's obviously been lots of messing with wires etc etc. Would you still think likely to be the boards or now more likely to be a short somewhere else? Thanks for any help guys. Btw this is actually my game that John was doing a resto on. A mighty fine resto too I might add :)

**Tony might give you a call on this one in the next day or so.

Ok, now some pieces of the puzzle come together.;)

I think if the OP had mentioned that this problem had appeared after PF swap and maybe a hint at what game it was a lot of all these "Beating around the bush" posts would have have been unnecessary.

• Administrators

The bridge (if that is the problem) may have just failed due to age. Its pretty hard to mix up connectors considering they should be keyed and the fuse would generally go long before the bridge if there was a short somewhere on the PF.

Can someone tell me which board is the lamp/solenoid board?

The big one.

You shouldn't be plugging/unpluging anything with the power on - that's a sure fire way to destroy transistors on the board.

If it sparked chances are something connected to the plug is shorted so using a multimeter try and see which wire has a problem (POWER TURNED OFF).

Thanks for explaining to me and others how to check wires with a multimeter.

- - - Updated - - -

The bridge (if that is the problem) may have just failed due to age. Its pretty hard to mix up connectors considering they should be keyed and the fuse would generally go long before the bridge if there was a short somewhere on the PF.

The big one.

Whats the big one called Travis?

- - - Updated - - -

Reading this I doubt the person concerned would have the knowledge to desolder & re solder a new bridge. If he/she has no understanding of the basics. Caution should be observed giving advise as a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Post #13 says it for me "Would you explain how to test the wires with a multimeter please".

The person concerned has desoldered/resoldered BR's before but the person concerned hasn't tested wires with a multimeter before and still dosen't know. Isn't this the place where we go for advise/help is asked for and sometimes given. Is it against the rules to ask how to check wires with a multimeter. Was just asking for some help.

Ok, now some pieces of the puzzle come together.;)

I think if the OP had mentioned that this problem had appeared after PF swap and maybe a hint at what game it was a lot of all these "Beating around the bush" posts would have have been unnecessary.

I don't believe it would have changed a thing, i still would not have been told how to check wires with a multimeter and would still have been treated like a dickhead by people who don't seem to want to help with the problem at hand.

I don't believe it would have changed a thing, i still would not have been told how to check wires with a multimeter and would still have been treated like a dickhead by people who don't seem to want to help with the problem at hand.

Bit harsh mate. This could have been close to sorted by post 10 by narrowing it down to the board or playfield problem by unplugging the lamp circuit to see if the fuse still blows. Nobody is treating you like a dickhead. However, you cant be surprised that people will back right away when you start messing with connectors with the game switched on. Hope you get it sorted soon :cool: