Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

All the MAME guys here are against the xxxx in 1 so you will only get negative comments. However i have never had any issue with one and think they're a good out of the box MAME unit.

Still someone will tell you your better off building a top of the line pc running quad core or i5 just to run mame.

Phhh, and someone would be right :) And no, it does not need to be 'top of the line', you could build a VERY decent i3 MAME setup to run Groovymame with an ArcadeVGA card for around $500, even less probably. It would runs rings around any xxxx-in-1, that much is totally undeniable.

You also cannot deny that the xxxx-in-1's have been known to be very faulty in the past. At least if a component fails in a MAME pc, it is easy to diagnose and fix.

I think many people are against xxxx-in-1 boards for a number of very good reasons. Nothing gets such a bad rep if there are not clear reasons for that rep.

No doubt xxx-in-1's have their place as a simple solution. On the other end a mame pc is the ideal solution albeit more expensive and more technical.

The OP asked about a particular board though so not sure why the need for the mame vs xxx-in-1 debate.

-------------------------------------------

Sent from mobile phone - All errors are the mobiles fault.

• Administrators

This is what happens when you have a multitude of forums.

At any rate this one is ambiguous as the xxx-1 actually use unlicenced and illegal mame builds BUT yes they have their own forum

As has already been stated the xxx-1 boards are good for n00bs or people who cbf with the hassle of setting up a PC, Mame and then Front-End. They are also cheaper unless your lucky enough to have spare hardware OR pickup a cheapie 2nd hand PC.

Brad