Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Game 5 Eagle [COMPLETED]

Small update

apologies for the huge picture, can't upload pics via the normal uploader at the mo :unsure

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/20120723_203123-1.jpg

I'm into the 40's now, it took considerable effort though. I take back my comment that this game is easier than Moon Cresta, it seems the same, don't know why I thought otherwise.

It's amazing how difficult this game is despite only having enemies that don't shoot back.

It is in some ways easier than Moon Cresta, the last enemy doesn't speed up as early, one more round through I think, also when your first three are killed it restarts you on the same round, I think MC put you on the next round?

But those things make little difference, I still get killed by the wall off missiles falling down about the fifth time through, there are a couple of tactics that help a bit, but luck is the major way to get through them.

I won't be bothering trying to beat my Moon Cresta score on this one, just posted this to make RM play some more ;)

0007.png.8c714fc51d9e1da2929bccf9722bde30.png

I won't be bothering trying to beat my Moon Cresta score on this one, just posted this to make RM play some more ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41326[/ATTACH]

Yeah OK thanks for that Rat. Guess I've got to play again now. Just not tonight. 3:30 alarm for a 5AM start + a few ales after work = :sleep time soon. :lol

Just posting to say I probably wont get any more entries in for MGL15 as the Mame cabinets out of action for bit (and not really a fan of playing on the laptop), sorry about that so good luck and good fun everyone and hopefully I'll be back for a full run in MGL16 :).

Just posting to say I probably wont get any more entries in for MGL15 as the Mame cabinets out of action for bit (and not really a fan of playing on the laptop), sorry about that so good luck and good fun everyone and hopefully I'll be back for a full run in MGL16 :)

That's too bad Tav - what happened to yer cab ?

• Administrators
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41386[/ATTACH]

need anger management after this game...

It's the sprite collision at the bottom of the screen that gives me the shits :realmad:

That's too bad Tav - what happened to yer cab ?

A casualty of a jukebox project, I had what I thought was a decent pc (tower, I'm yet to try really decasing one) lined up for a jukebox I'm building with mates, took it over to check out how it fits and it's too big and will just be awkward with the sub etc. No worries, my mame pc is one of those flat hp compacts, will fit better in the juke and I was tempted to switch them over anyway when I first got the second pc and keep the better specs for myself.

But never that easy, somehow I've broken the newer one taking it over to my mates shed and back again and it wont turn on so now I've got my mame cab backed up but nothing to copy it onto for a few weeks and my mame pc is being cleaned and sorted for a jukebox program, I have just heard a few minutes ago that I got the speakers sorted which is cool and should have the touchscreen bezel any day now so the mame cab can sit empty for a bit. At this point I really just want to finish this project (which is for a mate).

Bit of a ramble and its bad timing, I've never played eagle but I liked moon cresta when it came up once before, the aliens move really differently to most shooters and pandora's palace is another good one but like I said I'll be back once this projects out of the way.... and most likely back to rambling about building a better mame cab :).

I like this game, but haven't had time for more than a couple of games and may not get time today, so better put something in to nail down last place :D

Funny how it's a just that bit different to Moon Cresta in how the waves move. Back in the day I recall seeing MC about, but it didn't get a lot of lurve.

eagl0000.png.fe6883cd39a1ce1c7ab0883d1645395e.png

Just over 90mins to go on this one MGLers.

I decided to give this one more shot to try and overtake Major Havoc but no good and my personal opinion of this game is that it's just far to horrible to keep on trying :lol

Looks like I'm out too, for this game at least. Monitor has just crapped itself.

Put my cab together in 2003 with this PC CRT so I guess it's not too bad!

Should be able to drop in an LCD next couple of days, glad no one bought the one I have in for sale section for $25 !!!

Edit: Got a quick game in.

SZ

Edited by SectionZ
Got a quick game in

Final standings and MGL points for this game are below. Rat & Foot both get their first podium finishes and medals. RMacauley gets his 5th podium from 5 games :cool:

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]97,000[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]85,180[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]57,630[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Jammasized[/TD]

[TD]53,640[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]52,500[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]