Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ahhh I am excited... City Connection

I must say I am now excited.

After two years searching for some certain Jaleco titles a City Connection original Jaleco board appeared on ebay....

Although untested... ahem I was willing to give it a shot and picked it up for a bargain price...

Starting bid was $9.99 and the auction was won by me (YAY) for the price of $135+$50 POSTAGE

Might seem excessive by some but for someone who collects Jaleco this is gold...

My only hope is that when it arrives it is either working, or easily repaired....

I will let you guys know when it arrives what the case is.

Now to keep searching for a Momoko 120.....

• Administrators

I loved City Connection as a kid and don't understand why so many have panned it. It does seem more popular in Australia then the US though :unsure

Brad

Wow dude, is it really worth that much? That's an insane price to pay for an "untested" board D:

edit: if it doesn't work, you should be able to get it via sophia, it's on their list at the moment

Yeah but if its anything like the others ive had quoted from them it will be 700$

City Connection seems to be a pain in the ass to get. As I said I have waited 2 years for one to appear.

Posting on forums has never got me one.

Well done after waiting two years to find one:cool: Hope it fires up no probs..let us know how it turns out.

3 Jaleco games are in my desired list of must owns.

Psychic 5 which I own

Momoko 120 - Which I will have to sell my left nut for

and City Connection

Every day I go on ebay and other forums and look up City Connection, Jaleco and Momoko 120 in the search engines....

Finally one of them paid off.

i cant remember when but i sold a city connection a while ago for 5 dollars untested

Ahhh well you should have replied to one of my many posts lol

Edit: Found your original post 2010, be interested to know if it was an original board or a bootleg.

Some Jaleco titles seem to get some hell premium prices.... Its a case of supply and demand, if you cant find one, you pay more.

im pretty sure it was before you were a member here

Such is life :(

But yeah thats a board you should have put on ebay.

as I said some Jaleco titles are getting amazing amounts.

Momoko 120 for example the cheapest board I have seen is 650$ (If anyone has one TELL ME)

The fact City connection has a following in some circles might explain why people bid up to this level.

Well done sir. Great game and one that chewed a few of my 20 cent coins back in the day.

Just throwing it out there but my Jaleco Psychic 5 board may be up for sale shortly.

Yeah it is awesome.

City Connection is more known for the NES port of it, which is equally a great game.

Its one of the underrated titles that people seem to look over, like Psychic 5.

Just because its not the normal game design other games followed its often forgotten.

Good Luck selling the Psychic 5, I have a bootleg and an original Jaleco board of it and its my most prized possession being my favourite game of all time.

Well all I must say now is I AM EVEN HAPPIER!!

I emailed the dealer who I asked a few questions to about Jaleco boards and asked about if he has a City Connection and if so how much to get a comparisson.

Here is the small exchange:

7:21 PM (14 hours ago)

One final question is do you have City Connection in stock atm?

10:21 PM (11 hours ago)

That is a very rare board. I could get ahold of but I am afraid it is too high

Momoko 120% and city connection are on the new 138in1 horizontal pcb that is about to be released,it wont be like owning the original but next best thing for someone like me :cool:

Yeah wont be any use to me, its not the real thing....

Its like sleeping with a rubber woman... just doesnt... feel right....

Yay some luck my way thanks Sgtmax!!

The one thing that really impressed me was with how this board was sent. If I could have given a 10 out of 5 rating for postage I would have. Some damn fine packaging.

Gary from Amutech just got back to me hes had City Connection since Friday? or something like that.

The board works, YAY!

But its the American version of City Connection (I kinda expected that since it was from California).

So because of this I now have a Cruisin' city connection board. According to Womble I need to change 3 roms to make it the Japanese City Connection I remember.

All in all its the same game, identical just different name and you are a guy not a girl.

This leads to the question, WHO can burn roms?

Thanks guys, and I cant wait to play this baby, was well worth the risk on an untested board!!