Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Game 4 Xain'd Sleena [COMPLETED]

John73, given the general consensus that my last submitted score was not in the spirit of the MGL (can't really argue with it myself) , can you (if still possible) remove it and replace it with my previous submitted score of 488,460.

Thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you (if still possible) remove it and replace it with my previous submitted score of 488,460.

Leeching for this game was given the OK back in post #12, I see no reason why your score should be removed and I hope it stays as is.

John73, given the general consensus that my last submitted score was not in the spirit of the MGL (can't really argue with it myself) , can you (if still possible) remove it and replace it with my previous submitted score of 488,460.

Thanks.

Well played Spartan. I'm not for removing your score, no one has asked for that either, lets not jump the gun. Leeching is ok, just not excessive leeching. It creates a target that others can only match by playing similarly, and personally I don't want to see mgl going down that road, but as John already said, a vote at some stage or seperate thread to discuss.

We are not playing by TG standards, dips or otherwise, so whatever tg say about this game I can't see as relevant to mgl playat all. Let the aa community here decide about it. Not sure why mgl and tg has become so intertwined, Theres another thread for people concerned purely with scores.

Thanks.

We'll leave it as is - we'll have a further discussion before the next MGL about leeching I'm sure. It's a hard issue to address for every single game.

- - - Updated - - -

We are not playing by TG standards, dips or otherwise, so whatever tg say about this game I can't see as relevant to mgl playat all. Let the aa community here decide about it. Not sure why mgl and tg has become so intertwined, Theres another thread for people concerned purely with scores.

You're right, we aren't playing TG standards but the TG website is a good reference and for a lot of games it does point out where dubious tactics allow for massive scores. Unfortunately I don't know every single game, so I can't say beforehand if a particular game lends itself to excessive point leeching.

I list the TG scores because personally I think it's a good yard stick to see just how good you are. No one is forced to record their games or submit to TG. If you believe it causes issues then I won't list them, but personally I think the two issues are not related. Leeching will happen regardless of knowing TG scores.

I list the TG scores because personally I think it's a good yard stick to see just how good you are. No one is forced to record their games or submit to TG. If you believe it causes issues then I won't list them, but personally I think the two issues are not related. Leeching will happen regardless of knowing TG scores.

:o This is getting a bit twisted around from what I was trying to say...anyway it's a debate for another time and place, don't worry about it, and lets just insert another coin :)