Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Leaderboard

Good to see that everyone enjoyed it.

I think the 8 games was good too - I'm always up for a retro game, so it could go 52 weeks and I'd be happy but I do realise that it can drag on a bit for some. 8 Games seems about right - so maybe 3 MGL's a year of 8 games instead of 2 MGL's of 12 games. Gives people a chance to sit out for a MGL if they want and it's still not too long until the next one starts.

I'll discuss with the other guys who have run MGL's shortly - but I think we'll give it a 2 month break, and kick off the next MGL around Oct 21 or so - but we'll let everyone know in advance. This would mean the next MGL would finish a week or two before the Xmas break if we stick to 8 games. Anyway, I'll post a thread as soon as we know.

I think the plan is to have something in between the MGL's for those of us that can't get enough Maming. The Kong Off at this point will stay a yearly event I believe, so we'll be looking at running something in maybe a month or so - again, I want to consult the guys who have run MGL's before for their input on what might be a good event to run, again I'll post a thread letting everyone know.

I enjoyed running MGL XV and look forward to helping out again in the future :) Looking forward to everyone joining in in future comps.

Thanks John for running another MGL, I got a bit distracted towards the end when my cabs from the co-op arrived :)

Yeah I think 8 games 3 times a year sounds good, also running another before xmass all good. One thing that MGL needs IMO is an "announcements" thread. A thread that is locked except for MGL mods that can be used as a heads up for new MGL's starting or NOMs or other important info. MGLers could all subscribe to this thread so we don't miss important dates.

Thanks John for running another MGL, I got a bit distracted towards the end when my cabs from the co-op arrived :)

Yeah I think 8 games 3 times a year sounds good, also running another before xmass all good. One thing that MGL needs IMO is an "announcements" thread. A thread that is locked except for MGL mods that can be used as a heads up for new MGL's starting or NOMs or other important info. MGLers could all subscribe to this thread so we don't miss important dates.

No sure how to do the "announcements" thing - I'll look into it before the next one kicks off.

It's easy enough for me to PM all previous participants though, I can do this prior to the next one starting.

Hopefully the shout box is back at some stage, that's also a good way to alert everyone on AA that a new MGL is starting.

I just meant you could start a thread in the MGL forum called announcements, make it a locked sticky and everyone interested could subscribe for instant notifications to that thread, that way no-one misses the start of noms or comps.

I just meant you could start a thread in the MGL forum called announcements, make it a locked sticky and everyone interested could subscribe for instant notifications to that thread, that way no-one misses the start of noms or comps.

Okay, not a prob, will do that for the next MGL :)