Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGL 15: Leaderboard

State
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

Congrats Rob, super effort. Also to Spartan & John.

And a big cheers to John for your efforts working on MGL 15.

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)
    great work John, another historic MGL with world records, only played one game really but enjoyed following the mgl.

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Well done Rob on another well earned victory.

I'm pretty happy to land in 10th spot considering I only competed in 3 games. Hopefully next time I'll be able to play them all.

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)
    A good comp with some fun games - thanks for running John

I think the shorter format was more enjoyable.

State
    Wellington NZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As an avid forum reader but not yet arcade owner, this was the first MGL I've ever followed but really enjoyed following the progress the whole way through. In a month or two I should be up and running and can't wait to try out these games that I've been reading so much about. Keep up the great work John and I hope to join the masses (nearer the bottom of the table though) in MGL's to come.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)

Good to see that everyone enjoyed it.

I think the 8 games was good too - I'm always up for a retro game, so it could go 52 weeks and I'd be happy but I do realise that it can drag on a bit for some. 8 Games seems about right - so maybe 3 MGL's a year of 8 games instead of 2 MGL's of 12 games. Gives people a chance to sit out for a MGL if they want and it's still not too long until the next one starts.

I'll discuss with the other guys who have run MGL's shortly - but I think we'll give it a 2 month break, and kick off the next MGL around Oct 21 or so - but we'll let everyone know in advance. This would mean the next MGL would finish a week or two before the Xmas break if we stick to 8 games. Anyway, I'll post a thread as soon as we know.

I think the plan is to have something in between the MGL's for those of us that can't get enough Maming. The Kong Off at this point will stay a yearly event I believe, so we'll be looking at running something in maybe a month or so - again, I want to consult the guys who have run MGL's before for their input on what might be a good event to run, again I'll post a thread letting everyone know.

I enjoyed running MGL XV and look forward to helping out again in the future Looking forward to everyone joining in in future comps.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Welll done to the podium getters, some massive scores and as always controversies,arguments, and great game playing, all hallmarks of MGL

I've been a bit obsessed with online Console gaming lately, has really taken over for the time being, but I hope by MGL 16 I'll be a bit more Arcade focused again and play in more games.

I think the 8 games was a good change of format, short and sweet.

Well done to Rob Macauley again, setting a new standard in MGL, and driving others on to greater scoring.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Well done to Rob Macauley again, setting a new standard in MGL, and driving others on to greater scoring.
    Thanks Jamma and everyone else who posted congrats. I said this after MGL 14 and I'll say it again. I've been very lucky with the games that have come up. If it was MGL 13 I wouldn't have made the top 5 due to game selection. For example I played some Crush Roller last night. Best score 7K. My time will come where I'll get owned big time.

John, You've done an amazing job running this MGL even surviving "Joystickgate." I tip my lid to you sir.

Bring on MGL 16. Nobody's done a three peat yet. That's a challenge in itself.

Cheers

Rob

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    Thanks Jamma and everyone else who posted congrats. I said this after MGL 14 and I'll say it again. I've been very lucky with the games that have come up. If it was MGL 13 I wouldn't have made the top 5 due to game selection. For example I played some Crush Roller last night. Best score 7K. My time will come where I'll get owned big time.
    Ahhh Crush Roller. I think the randomizer has been modified so that this game never comes up again.... what a horrible horrible game

There is a trick/skill to getting points on this one, I've seen it don't by INP but still can't do it myself

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1218 Post(s)
    Congratulations to the top 5 in MGLXV.

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3, and congrats to John on getting your first trophy!

Champion:
    RMacauley

2nd:
    Spartan

3rd:
    John73

And the virtual trophy for MGLXVI has just been finished, based on the super retro classic by Williams - DEFENDER!

1st

2nd

3rd

PS: Photobucket wouldn't upload pics all week.
    Finally the site uploaded the pics, sorry about the late post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information