Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ami-rowe heritage R-1 repair

rabb

Question

hi,

i have a ami -rowe heritage R1 1973-74 120 selection juke box,i need advice or preferably a service person to look at a problem i have.

the problem is that it doesnt pick the records back up off the tuntable most times, how can i adjust this?

location - Lake Macquarie NSW

some help would be appreciated

16 answers to this question

Hi,

I had a similar issue with a Rockola juke.

All it required was to oil and grease the mechanism that pulls back the clamp that picks up the record once complete.

I stopped the return record sequence (cut off the power) and added grease (Vasaline), and worked it back and forth a few times. Worked a treat and fixed the problem.

Might be worth a try.

Gordo........

Hi,

I had a similar issue with a Rockola juke.

All it required was to oil and grease the mechanism that pulls back the clamp that picks up the record once complete.

I stopped the return record sequence (cut off the power) and added grease (Vasaline), and worked it back and forth a few times. Worked a treat and fixed the problem.

Might be worth a try.

Gordo........

Vasaline WTF ..??????

Hmmmm...

do not use vasaline on o Rowe/AMI as the transfere arm mech' part is plastic & petroleum based grease will damage plastic parts..

Edited by RocK-Ozla

Vasaline WTF ..??????

Hmmmm...

do not use vasaline on o Rowe/AMI as the transfere arm mech' part is plastic & petroleum based grease will damage plastic parts..

My apologies to RocK-Ozla :hijack: but vaseline should be banned from any workshop. It WILL go hard and gunky and it will yellow and degrade plastics such as score reels in pinballs. It is fit for personal use only.

Rowe Ami jukeboxes of this era do not require any form of lubrication other than a drop of oil on the idler wheel linkage, turntable oil points and a film of oil on the turntable shaft.

The Gripper bow assembly should be completely free of any oil or greese and if present should be stripped down and washed in soapy warm water. The pivot points in the end of the Trunion casting should have high melting point greese inserted into the casting sockets.

If you require advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes by all means post a message.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hood

ami-man

UK

problem has been fixed at the moment, lubricated the pickup selector, thanks again , i still have to send photo and will do as soon as i can, i have been tied up with work,anothe rproblem i have noticed though is that the B sides seem to be out of sync,you have to select the b side above it on most selections to get the right song, any suggestions

rabb