Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL 15 Nominations - Nominate your games here.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

I will keep nomming it until it gets selected... Maybe it is just the shit head in me but I want to see the reaction from people when it comes up hehehe

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Street Fighter nommed again... ho ho, 6 buttons and away we go
    I was actually going to ask about this when it was nominated. I'll leave it in the list until I get more feedback. Believe it or not, I have never played any street fighter games so I wasn't sure if this was a variation of SF that fit in with the MGL format

Is this a 6 button game? I don't have a six button cab and I'm guessing trying to play it on keyboard would be near impossible.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    I am pretty sure it has already been argued time and time again and this particular version was allowed as it has a points system etc.. TG settings would have to be used, as the MAME defaults allow for continues where as TG settings don't.

First controversy of MGL15!!! yay!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelly View Post
    I am pretty sure it has already been argued time and time again and this particular version was allowed as it has a points system etc.. TG settings would have to be used, as the MAME defaults allow for continues where as TG settings don't.

First controversy of MGL15!!! yay!
    I think the issue here is going to be the number of buttons required to play. Unless you are a SF fan, chances are you won't have a 6 button cab.

I'm happy to throw this open to everyone else for the remainder of the nomination process - should SF CE be allowed? And which ROM set - looks like I have about 20 ROM sets for this I will as usual be playing MGL on the trusty laptop, so if this game comes up you can pretty much put me down for zero points

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    I think the issue here is going to be the number of buttons required to play. Unless you are a SF fan, chances are you won't have a 6 button cab.

I'm happy to throw this open to everyone else for the remainder of the nomination process - should SF CE be allowed? And which ROM set - looks like I have about 20 ROM sets for this I will as usual be playing MGL on the trusty laptop, so if this game comes up you can pretty much put me down for zero points
    As an avowed Fighter/Button Mashing hater, despite having 6 button cabs I doubt I'd submit a score on this game. At best I'd have one go and submit whatever feeble attempt I'd made and devote time to whatever other game we currently had running.

Not to discourage anyone from nominating a game, I just wouldn't play it.

Brad

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    As an avowed Fighter/Button Mashing hater, despite having 6 button cabs I doubt I'd submit a score on this game. At best I'd have one go and submit whatever feeble attempt I'd made and devote time to whatever other game we currently had running.

Not to discourage anyone from nominating a game, I just wouldn't play it.

Brad
    Same same.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    Nominated three in my initial post but due to gaming overload and Sam Adams Summer Ale I drew a blank for 2 more.

Tonight (my time) coupled with a shitload of Guinness and Hooters girls I submit my final two selections.

Amidar
    Sky Soldiers

And yes the observant amongst us may notice that I picked these two last time. Didn't think to check last years selections earlier.

Cheers

Rob

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    As an avowed Fighter/Button Mashing hater, despite having 6 button cabs I doubt I'd submit a score on this game.
    Street Fighter is nowhere near as much a button masher, as some of the shooters you do so well at, Brad

I do have a 6 button machine, I'd give it a go. I don't play fighters but still, would be interesting to see how far you could go.

But the issue is playability for everyone... For people only with computers to use, this game is a throwaway. 2-3 buttons you can do on a keyboard. 6, forget it.

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Street Fighter is nowhere near as much a button masher, as some of the shooters you do so well at, Brad
    Blasphemy

I've played plenty of fighters....I seriously just do not like them. The popular fighter genre was something that came out after my arcade days and i just did not like them. Still don't despite trying plenty. Different age for me

Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Blasphemy

The popular fighter genre was something that came out after my arcade days and i just did not like them. Still don't despite trying plenty. Different age for me

Brad
    Me too fighters came into Arcades after I stopped going. And though I tried , I could never bring myself to spend money playing Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat I didn't mind though, cause of the gore and fatalities

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information