Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LCD not working with 60 in 1

perry_winkles

Question

Hi,

Just hooked up my 19 inch widescreen LCD (Acer 193W) to a 60 in 1 PCB and the monitor came back with a 'input not supported' message. :cry The same PCB works with a 17 inch LCD I have.

Any suggestions why this is, and what I need to look for in a compatible LCD?

Any help would be awesome. :cool:

Cheers

13 answers to this question

Hi,

Just hooked up my 19 inch widescreen LCD (Acer 193W) to a 60 in 1 PCB and the monitor came back with a 'input not supported' message. :cry The same PCB works with a 17 inch LCD I have.

Any suggestions why this is, and what I need to look for in a compatible LCD?

Any help would be awesome. :cool:

Cheers

I have used newer monitors and found a couple had the same problem. I only use old 4:3s now and never had a resolution issue.

If you added a J-Pac would that fix this issue?

Might be better off to use an RGB to VGA converter rather than a JPAC :unsure

Thanks for the responses guys.

Although I would love to wack a CRT in there, this cab will be moved around a fair bit, so thought the LCD the best option.

I have access to a friend's 20 inch 4:3 screen. It's a fairly new model but I will test it and see how it goes. If no good, I'll have a crack at a converter as suggested by Spacies.

Cheers

I remember I had a 60 in 1 pcb & most of the LCD's I had lying about wouldn't work with it. I think it needed a monitor that would support 640 x 480.

Next time I bought a 60 in 1 all those monitors that didn't work with the previous board worked with the new board.

I wondered if there was a difference between the suposed A & B type boards I've read about.

G'day all,

I realise it's been almost 2 years since the last post on here, but I was wondering how you got on with this problem. I am currently in a similar situation and wondered if the RGB - VGA convertor did the trick?

Thank you.

G'day all,

I realise it's been almost 2 years since the last post on here, but I was wondering how you got on with this problem. I am currently in a similar situation and wondered if the RGB - VGA convertor did the trick?

Thank you.

Welcome to Aussie Arcade….