Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Strange Slingshot issue

boskie

Hey guys -

been playing my DE Hook and all of a sudden the left slingshot isnt working...

Its strange as I run all tests and it fires and is fine - it sort of started to die half way through a game though - as in would fire one or twice when hit then not for a while then would again...

anyone have any idea? - its bugging the shit out of me - all fuses are fine and as I said tests indicated no issues?

Cheers

Sounds like the switch to me. If the coil fires in test mode but not in game mode. Suspect the switch. Especially if it isn't scoring. No score?. No coil fire!

If it was the coil, it wouldn't work in test mode or game mode. Plus the switches would score points.

Trace the switch wires back to the board and test for continuity. Might be a dodgy connector that needs reseating.

Sounds like the switch to me. If the coil fires in test mode but not in game mode. Suspect the switch. Especially if it isn't scoring. No score?. No coil fire!

If it was the coil, it wouldn't work in test mode or game mode. Plus the switches would score points.

Trace the switch wires back to the board and test for continuity. Might be a dodgy connector that needs reseating.

Thanks Rod - Ill give it a whirl when I get home - hopefully is something simple Ive bumped when moving playfield in and out....

Was just weird how it happened like halfway through a game....although I am known for a big "nudges" :lol - so couldve knocked something about perhaps...

Ill keep you posted -

I just hope its nothing to do with this new speaker I put in - probably just a co-inkidink me thinks though

If anyone else has any ideas let me know! -

Thanks Rod - Ill give it a whirl when I get home - hopefully is something simple Ive bumped when moving playfield in and out....

Was just weird how it happened like halfway through a game....although I am known for a big "nudges" :lol - so couldve knocked something about perhaps...

Ill keep you posted -

I just hope its nothing to do with this new speaker I put in - probably just a co-inkidink me thinks though

If anyone else has any ideas let me know! -

I have a similar issue with my right flipper on my DE tales from the crypt, resetted and connector on the board and it now works 100%

I have a similar issue with my right flipper on my DE tales from the crypt, resetted and connector on the board and it now works 100%

Awesome - well at least it sounds like a simple fix - Shame the DE manual is so shit - if I had judge with this problem, the bally manual makes things so easy...

doesnt indicate at all where they conect to on the boards....rather annoying

Ok so I had a go just now - weird continues -

so I took apart the slingshot - cleaned between the contacts until the were like new - rubber back on - grabbed a ball and worked 2 times then nothing again... - so I was just fiddling moving this and that and I noticed this -

Lets say we have the contact front part and then the rear contact. If I touch the front contact with the rubber - nothing.. with my hand...nothing - but as soon as I touched the back one it will work say 80% of the time...

so could this perhaps be a grounding issue?

• Administrators

Test the switch with a multi meter in continuity mode and see if it works every time? Sounds like there might be an issue with a wire broken in there and making intermittent contact???

Dave

Test the switch with a multi meter in continuity mode and see if it works every time? Sounds like there might be an issue with a wire broken in there and making intermittent contact???

Dave

haha im so shit with a multi meter - I got no clue, its funny how all my pin problems of the past have never required one...and Ive done some pretty major things...

Test mode is saying - bad switch - and it does not work during test mode anymore....

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

check the diode isn't broken

Yeah someone mentioned this to me as well...

its not broken by sight but cant tell really, shit I dont know how to tell if its broken haha...maybe ill look tomorrow again when Im not exhausted....

is this more possible as its only working sometimes?

Look for a broken wire or diode somewhere especially if you have been pulling the playfield in and out a lot, Its amazing what a broken wire or diode will do and this very thing happened on my DE LW3 so i am tipping it will be likewise, Apart from this hick up i hope your enjoying the game:)

Must say i miss it,Loved the game but had my fair share of plays .

Cheers

Troy

Look for a broken wire or diode somewhere especially if you have been pulling the playfield in and out a lot, Its amazing what a broken wire or diode will do and this very thing happened on my DE LW3 so i am tipping it will be likewise, Apart from this hick up i hope your enjoying the game:)

Must say i miss it,Loved the game but had my fair share of plays .

Cheers

Troy

Checked this thing over now a number of times - cant see any broken or loose wires, the diode on the leaf switch looks more than fine but im not sure if internally a diode can be busted, or it would just burn to nothing? -

otherwise machine is pretty damn good - cosmetically is much worse than I thought but thats ok as im looking to have this one for some time and really put some work into it...:D

Cheers for the tip Troy!

Checked this thing over now a number of times - cant see any broken or loose wires, the diode on the leaf switch looks more than fine but im not sure if internally a diode can be busted, or it would just burn to nothing? -

otherwise machine is pretty damn good - cosmetically is much worse than I thought but thats ok as im looking to have this one for some time and really put some work into it...:D

Cheers for the tip Troy!

Thats cool, Oh cosmetically worse than you thought:unsure......Were you expecting a new in box haha? I thought the photos clearly showed what it was.......Im quite happy to buy her back :p, It cost me $2100 when the market was up a bit more than it is now but I seriously think the playfield was one of the best condition ones i had seen out of 8 or so Hooks i have seen in my time and i explained about the broken ramp so dont know what you mean its not cosmetically as you expected. Hooks are well known for cabinet fade which was common with the red they used but i thought mine wasnt that bad to what i have seen, The ramps & playfield also take a flogging on this baby so have seen a lot worse.

This is the very reason i hate shipping interstate and much would rather people come and buy direct so they see what they are getting and walk away happy not wondering whats going to arrive. This is definetly my last freighted sale:D Pick ups only from here on in.......

Thats cool, Oh cosmetically worse than you thought:unsure......Were you expecting a new in box haha? I thought the photos clearly showed what it was.......Im quite happy to buy her back :p, It cost me $2100 when the market was up a bit more than it is now but I seriously think the playfield was one of the best condition ones i had seen out of 8 or so Hooks i have seen in my time and i explained about the broken ramp so dont know what you mean its not cosmetically as you expected. Hooks are well known for cabinet fade which was common with the red they used but i thought mine wasnt that bad to what i have seen, The ramps & playfield also take a flogging on this baby so have seen a lot worse.

This is the very reason i hate shipping interstate and much would rather people come and buy direct so they see what they are getting and walk away happy not wondering whats going to arrive. This is definetly my last freighted sale:D Pick ups only from here on in.......

I've played it and thought it was a nice hook and played well we have to remember these games are getting on and yep they have faults now and again and yeah interstate sales can be a pain lol

Peter

Dude - there is no problem at all - Hook stays :D - its as you described - got no problem with cabinet fade, I do however not really favour someone having written or carved their name on the side and its been badly paint matched as a touch up - and im not saying that this was specifically you - probably the same guy who whacked the flipper wear hook logos on...

I am wondering why though the paint on the lockbar and rails is all over my hands after every game? ;)

and the leg levelers are rusted so there is no level adjustments...oh and probably 5 or 6 leg bolts are stripped...so there was a few little surprises which is to be expected buying interstate...I know the ramp was done, thats cool haha I understood once I saw how you can really slam it up there - and other than just this one sling issue - I think the machine is tops....Im having a blast and that ****ing hook lock shot can really be a bastard haha

but I will say the playfield couldve been better - a lot of the insert decals are pretty toast unfortunately....but thats ok another playfield is on its way :D

Troy - it seriously is a great machine and dont think at all that im not happy - the cab was just a bit different than what I thought but thats no biggie...Its a brilliant pin for the price and you know how much I wanted it so Thank you very much dude!

Wait till you see what I do to it....Ill send you some pics down the line :)

Dude - there is no problem at all - Hook stays :D - its as you described - got no problem with cabinet fade, I do however not really favour someone having written or carved their name on the side and its been badly paint matched as a touch up - and im not saying that this was specifically you - probably the same guy who whacked the flipper wear hook logos on...

I am wondering why though the paint on the lockbar and rails is all over my hands after every game? ;)

and the leg levelers are rusted so there is no level adjustments...oh and probably 5 or 6 leg bolts are stripped...so there was a few little surprises which is to be expected buying interstate...I know the ramp was done, thats cool haha I understood once I saw how you can really slam it up there - and other than just this one sling issue - I think the machine is tops....Im having a blast and that ****ing hook lock shot can really be a bastard haha

but I will say the playfield couldve been better - a lot of the insert decals are pretty toast unfortunately....but thats ok another playfield is on its way :D

Troy - it seriously is a great machine and dont think at all that im not happy - the cab was just a bit different than what I thought but thats no biggie...Its a brilliant pin for the price and you know how much I wanted it so Thank you very much dude!

Wait till you see what I do to it....Ill send you some pics down the line :)

Its all good mate i was just stirring!!!

But seriuosly thats why i am reluctant to sell to interstaters and would rather someone local come and look and see exactly what you get. I knew you wanted it badly hence why i agreed but by the time you explain each leg bolt and each scratch and each mark you could write a book.......Anyway alkl good and yes send me some pics as you tidy it up. Even if you spend a bit of $$$ on it as a $1600 purchase its still going to be a steal compered to some of the ones out there for sale on ebay etc at 3k:)