Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

OH Baby!!!! Getaway modded to the .......

RGR

The game does highlight one thing - how much of a waste of time a LCD in the backbox is for the player. There is a really good shot where the camera is trained on the action on the playfield, and you can hear the LCD is doing a heap of stuff but you can't see it cause your view is naturally trained on the playfield.

The LCDs need to be on, or even in the playfield for the concept to work. Unless of course you've got a very stop start design ala TZ, CV with the home roms, or what WoZ is shaping up to be.

There is no denying that for the person watching play the LCD is cool, but for the player, without modes that hold the ball up a backbox mounted LCD is a waste of time and money.

Its a step in the right direction, but we need it mounted much lower for it to make a difference in flow machines (think where the DMD is on CV) or even set into the playfield itself.

Yeah agree to a point, however if there is enough start stop then it can be enjoyable for the player. One thing that is diff about getaway is the super charger and there is time for the player to look at the LCD for that, and the jackpot/ super jackpot/ locking balls... Imo it cant hurt to have it so why not..

Great that these guys have took an idea and run with it . I agree that the animations on the LCD are lost on the player ... heck even on a normal DMD there are animations that you don't get to see unless someone else is playing because as a player you are focusing on the playfield . Another feature that could be incorporated that would be cool would be to have the animation on the screen an overhead shot of the playfield so that spectators could watch the person playing without having to crowd around and peer over their shoulder .

I have expressed the exact same LCD sentiment.....

IF you are fortunate enough to even find an "LCD" on site you will be paying a premium price per game

This will accomodate 2 things

1. A PF designed with a lesser budget (so as to keep the price point on track)

which must now include more hardware & software / animation costs

2. The enjoyment of others at your expense!

Keep the "game" on the PF

DR

A little too much bling for me on this game.

I can see the VP reference but the ramps and bumpers etc are real.

If they did this whole concept with their own playfield and rules etc I can see that there might be a market for it.

In this case it's like reinventing the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...