Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kong Off 2012 - King of AA

I've been out cause of joystick problems :( removed the magstick+ from my upright to put into the cocktail, and now having issues with the different wiring - Jamma upright, versus keywiz in the cocktail. Not that I would be submitting anything near even mid-pack at this stage anyways.

Got a mini-meet coming up this weekend so maybe some Kong action...

So John - when are you thinking about a kickoff for MGL15 ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been out cause of joystick problems :(

There are creams and lotions that will help with that :lol

So John - when are you thinking about a kickoff for MGL15 ?

When this is finished I think I'll go through the MGL15 discussion thread and then start the official call for ideas thread. I think I'll put forward the most talked about suggestions (DIPs, no. of games) and just get everyone to vote yes/no to each. Then maybe after 1 week, we'll call for game nominations - 2 weeks? And kick off in about 1mth from this weekend....so about the 22nd of June? Sound okay?

There are creams and lotions that will help with that :lol

When this is finished I think I'll go through the MGL15 discussion thread and then start the official call for ideas thread. I think I'll put forward the most talked about suggestions (DIPs, no. of games) and just get everyone to vote yes/no to each. Then maybe after 1 week, we'll call for game nominations - 2 weeks? And kick off in about 1mth from this weekend....so about the 22nd of June? Sound okay?

Sounds good mate :cool:

Best of luck with Kong everyone. My mini meet kicks off 5pm today, and goes till Sunday night... so here I go, into the abyss, where time does not exist :neo:

Sounds good mate :cool:

Best of luck with Kong everyone. My mini meet kicks off 5pm today, and goes till Sunday night... so here I go, into the abyss, where time does not exist :neo:

Good luck. Take plenty of pics. I'd come but I think you are a little too far away from Brissy :D

Sounds good to me. Just as long as the number one suggestion isn't "break Rob's thumbs." :lol

No DK increase for me unless my 141K on Funspot's machine yesterday is worth double points. :D

Cheers

Rob

No DK increase for me unless my 141K on Funspot's machine yesterday is worth double points. :D

Ordinarily I'd agree that playing on a Funspot machine warrants a score doubling, but since I'm in 2nd atm with 266K, I'm going to have to knock you back on this one :D

Not many scores the last week :( Must admit I've haven't given DK too much time this week, seems the extra work load I've taken on at work the last six months has made my MGL'ing suffer.

16 hours left. I'll give it a couple of shots today, but I'm happy with a PB increase on this one :)

I've been giving it a steady go over the past week but can't get back past my 210 score. Its gonna be hard to manage that today cos Dos Santos is fighting Frank Mir and I'll be distracted.

Good to here that the comp has been fought all the way from Funspot:D

Just over 10 mins to go, so no time for "one more game" to improve your position now anyone - so if you're going to pull a Billy on someone, do it now :lol

I'll wait until 7pm just in case, but looks like kane has this one sown up :sm1::sm1:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/mariopodium.png

Times Up!!!!!

Congrats to kane, a worthy winner and by a long long way in this one.

Congrats to everyone that played, especially all that achieved a PB

Final scoreboard:

Kong Off 2012 Leaderboard - Last Updated 7:00pm 27/5

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]458,700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]266,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]210,900[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]205,600[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]ting ting[/TD]

[TD]190,200[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Pelly[/TD]

[TD]174,100[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]151,700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]mamejay[/TD]

[TD]120,100[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

MGL 15 is kicking off in a little under a month, check out the soon to be posted "call for ideas" thread and then the nominations thread to follow next Sunday night :)

I think a lot of us didn't have as much time as we would have liked for this one. I know I didn't.

Haven't got around to get the trophy done up yet, but kane I will be in contact via PM when it's done and I'll get it in the mail for you.

Yes, bow before your King :sm1::worship::worship::sm1:

I think I might have killed the mood a bit too early, not a lot of the usual MGLers posting scores :unsure

Anyway, I had fun, feeling very comfortable with the game these days and I won't be getting sick of it any time soon I think.

Kudo's to you Kane, thats a monster score.

This comp has finally inspired me to conquer (& understand) the L4+ elevators.

But those random wild barrels really make me want to smash that stoopid monkey.

This comp has finally inspired me to conquer (& understand) the L4+ elevators.

Be sure to share it with the rest of us when you do work it out :lol

I still think I'm more arse than class when getting past the L4+ elevators :cry

Apparently there are some detailed threads on point pressing on CAGDC, I might look them up at some stage, hopefully there are tips on the elevators in them :)

Some really impressive scores :o I've been having the odd game over the last few weeks and have topped out at 28k, it's a good game, but maybe too hard for me? Finished the 1st round of elevators a few times, but never saw the pies board. Soon be MGL with a bit more variety which I like.

yeah, I don't know what I was thinking ED :p Just couldn't find enough time over the last week. Oh well.. at least by the next time we do it I will be able to play it on my DK cabinet, soon to be on its way from the US ;)

Be sure to share it with the rest of us when you do work it out :lol

I still think I'm more arse than class when getting past the L4+ elevators :cry

I think i meant to write 'or at least understand' the L4+ elevators..

with a score of top 150k, i've clearly still got some work to do.. :)

Well done Kane, a great score and good effort the rest of the podium too.

Will need to sort out my joystick transplant issues in time for MGL15 :) Oh and stop playing Trials Evo long enough for some retro goodness :D

The official King of AA thread leaderboard has been updated : http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/20946-Donkey-Kong-(King-of-AA)

You want to score better than 190,200 to get into the top 10 now :cool: Surprisingly Rob Macauley was the big improver in this this comp after pwning us all in the last MGL, it was weird to see that he wasn't already a high ranking DK player - God knows what will happen if we encourage him to play this game more :rolleyes What's the bet he is sitting at FunSpot right now getting Hank Chien drunk in order to learn the secrets to DK greatness :lol

The official King of AA thread leaderboard has been updated : http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/20946-Donkey-Kong-(King-of-AA)

You want to score better than 190,200 to get into the top 10 now :cool: Surprisingly Rob Macauley was the big improver in this this comp after pwning us all in the last MGL, it was weird to see that he wasn't already a high ranking DK player - God knows what will happen if we encourage him to play this game more :rolleyes What's the bet he is sitting at FunSpot right now getting Hank Chien drunk in order to learn the secrets to DK greatness :lol

Actually you would lose that bet. Hank's not here yet. :lol

I have been getting some tips though. And no not from Brian K.

Cheers

Rob

Come on, spill the beans :P

Sounds like you're having a good time.

Do they have a Bump 'n Jump machine? Any chance you could flog the board out of it if they do? :lol

They do have Bump 'n Jump. Broke a million on it Saturday morning. If I could flog the board I'd be keeping it for myself though. ;)

I can just imagine trying to get through airport security with a game board. I'd probably be introduced to Mr Rubber Glove. :o:o

• 7 months later...